Digital Comics - Marvel Unlimited , Comixology etc.

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Which ones? Do you like the way they interface? Chime in!

Attachments

• best_comics_buying_app_ipad_marvel_dc.jpg
    best_comics_buying_app_ipad_marvel_dc.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 281
While I will always be more in favor of the real deal, hold in your hand etc.

My entry back into comics is more from the collector side of it. graded comics etc.

However I do want to follow and read up on a few but dont really want to purchase reader copies etc. in bulk if im not really wanting to collect them. etc.

I think this is where digital comics would come into play for me. I know nothing of the sort tho, any recommendations? I dont want a pay as you go downloads as im guessing id be more in favor of a monthly sub fee and quit when im no longer interested etc.

any recommendations?

@Wreck If you download the free iBooks app on your iPhone, you can buy some through it, other than Comics by Comixology and Marvel Unlimited. But if it's a monthly sub you're after then the $5.99/month from Comixology is your best bet. Marvel Unlimited is not about current content but more of about back catalog titles.

Or you can sub to both. :p

@Wreck If you download the free iBooks app on your iPhone, you can buy some through it, other than Comics by Comixology and Marvel Unlimited. But if it's a monthly sub you're after then the $5.99/month from Comixology is your best bet. Marvel Unlimited is not about current content but more of about back catalog titles.

Or you can sub to both. :p
def only doing 1 sub. ha

im all for back log stuff so thats fine too. as not sure how much time i will devote to this anyhow ... could be a one and done. :p

recently tho i read my django hardcover and found enjoyment so thought id get back in.

didnt realize comixology had a sub i thought it was more just a digital marketplace. pay on demand.

def only doing 1 sub. ha

im all for back log stuff so thats fine too. as not sure how much time i will devote to this anyhow ... could be a one and done. :p

recently tho i read my django hardcover and found enjoyment so thought id get back in.

didnt realize comixology had a sub i thought it was more just a digital marketplace. pay on demand.

Comixology has both models, per issue and monthly sub called unlimited https://www.comixology.com/unlimited

While I will always be more in favor of the real deal, hold in your hand etc.

My entry back into comics is more from the collector side of it. graded comics etc.

However I do want to follow and read up on a few but dont really want to purchase reader copies etc. in bulk if im not really wanting to collect them. etc.

I think this is where digital comics would come into play for me. I know nothing of the sort tho, any recommendations? I dont want a pay as you go downloads as im guessing id be more in favor of a monthly sub fee and quit when im no longer interested etc.

any recommendations?

I've been buying/reading on comiXology for 6 or 7 years now and I always find it to be a great service. I didn't care for the changes after Amazon bought them out, but I'm becoming more used to it now. They have some great deals from time to time (gotta love their $0.99-per-issue sales). I collected physical-only for nearly my whole life, but went more exclusively towards digital 2 or 3 years ago. I've been getting back into physical-only this year, though (same goes for video games). Nothing beats the real thing -- and if I don't like it, I can easily sell it.

I've been buying/reading on comiXology for 6 or 7 years now and I always find it to be a great service. I didn't care for the changes after Amazon bought them out, but I'm becoming more used to it now. They have some great deals from time to time (gotta love their $0.99-per-issue sales). I collected physical-only for nearly my whole life, but went more exclusively towards digital 2 or 3 years ago. I've been getting back into physical-only this year, though (same goes for video games). Nothing beats the real thing -- and if I don't like it, I can easily sell it.

I also use Comixology for reading. I only buy the physical comics for the variant covers and landmark issues. I went back to buying again this year. Digital comics saves a lot of shelf space.

I have around 5-6 subscriptions in Comixology. I used to have an Unlimited Membership but discontinued it as I have no time to read a ton of titles. I use the Public Library for back issues.

@Wreck

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
I also use Comixology for reading. I only buy the physical comics for the variant covers and landmark issues. I went back to buying again this year. Digital comics saves a lot of shelf space.

I have around 5-6 subscriptions in Comixology. I used to have an Unlimited Membership but discontinued it as I have no time to read a ton of titles. I use the Public Library for back issues.

@Wreck

YEAH I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE TO START ....

• Thanks
Reactions: kryptonite
HIT ENTER TOO FAST.

but yeah im on the 30 day free trial then its $6 a month. So far im actually reading some comics here and there when flipping through phone and some random free time so to speak. working great. i guess once i chew through alot of this i may want to sub on a certain comic? guess thats what you mean .... but for now ive missed out on comic reading for close to 20 years so the $6 sub has a crap ton i can read up on.

but im buying physical for art i like, or cgc etc. for collector reasons, personal reasons, and who knows if i find fun in collecting a run i may try ... but mainly digital for reading and collecting and/or investing for the others.

• Thanks
Reactions: kryptonite