All Week DISCUSSION ONLY Event - Name that movie game [CONTESTANTS SELECTED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Hello members, and thanks for reading about my giveaway!

HOST:
apsmith21

DURATION:
LIVE EVENT HAPPENS ON WED, FEB 24! Make sure you can be available that day if you sign up!

WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
All registered members, regardless of post count

The PRIZES:
WILL BE ANNOUNCED SOON!

WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO?

Q: What's the challenge?
A: Come back to the forums during a specific time, to play a LIVE version of the NAME THAT MOVIE game with me!

Winners picked from this will advance to my HDN TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS live event happening on FEB 28!

Like "Name that Tune" but for movies, Andy will be choosing a category of movies.

The panel is given the year of the movie, the star rating, some unhelpful clues from the review itself and the number of names in the cast list.

In order, each panel of contestants must declare how many names they can name the movie in, knowing that the cast list will be read from the bottom up. You can only bid less than the bid before you.

If a contestant doesn't know the movie, or doesn't think the person before them knows the movie, they can declare "NAME THAT MOVIE!".

The amount of names that were bid are read and the challenged person must name the movie. If they get it right, they get the point. If they get it wrong, the challenger gets the point.

CONTESTANTS HAVE BEEN SELECTED, no more entries allowed!

First to 2 points in their contest thread will win the prizes!

EXAMPLE:

From Andy: Category is "I'm too old for this sh*t" - movies featuring people that end up dying near or on a toilet.

Movies from 1998, 2004, or 1993.

First contestant: chooses "1998".

From Andy: Our movie reviewer says that this movie is contemporary-minded and it adopts 1980s style language and sensibilities. He notes that it has many plot holes, but it's watchable. He also encourages us to try and spot Tom Cruise.

Our reviewer lists 11 names in the cast list.

First contestant: bids 11 names. (meaning, he or she wants to hear all the names and then will try and NAME that MOVIE).

Second contestant: bids 10 names.

Third contestant: bids -1 names (meaning they can name the principal actor in the movie and the name of the movie).

Fourth contestant: has no idea what this movie is, and can't name 2 actors, so says "NAME THAT MOVIE!"

Third contestant needs to name the movie and the top billed actor in the film.

If they are right. They get a point.

If they are wrong. Fourth contestant gets the point!

We move on to the next category.

LIVE EVENT HAPPENS ON WED, FEB 24! Make sure you can be available that day if you sign up!

CONTESTANTS

@bloodsnake007
@Apollon
@harry
@Flloydo
@Obi Wan Dandobi
@RekLess
@CyberT
@Ricardo13
@zesty *
@Ricker *
@Noodles *
@rj531

Last edited:
OK everyone, sign up is now live TO PLAY IN THIS contest. I'm likely going to do the event on Wednesday - Feb 24.

Times TBA.

Only sign up if you think you can make it during that day if you get picked to play!

@apsmith21
I'm in depending on the time and also depending if I understand this a bit more closer the time lol little confused at the mo but I'll re read it a few times so it sinks in lol
#doughnut

@Flloydo Make sure you're sober :p

Always lol

(I made the mistake of being drunk and posting loads of pics in the photo thread one year)
- actually I might of been drunk one night on the guardians random story thread. All I remember is it went nuts in there
LMFAO!!! I remember that! :rofl: :hilarious:

Hang on... I have to find that thread now! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.