Disney Movie club Closing in USA

May 15, 2020
Hi, I'm not sure where to post where it won't get missed. Disney Movie Club is closing. Would any be able to purchase some titles for me and forward them to the UK? I'll happily pay, I only want 3 titles but can't find anyone on eBay with all 3 who ships to the UK.

Thank you in advance

Oh, damn, I better use my points for some free crap I don't need...
Or am I confusing the exclusives club with their Movie Insiders something...

Not the right section for asking the question in the OP. Not steelbooks, and not a release thread. Worth a cheeky try though I guess lol

The news section of it is a bit more relevant. It's shutting down due to sony taking over distribution. It's not clear if they're doing this worldwide, or just in the US quite yet.

It's shutting down due to sony taking over distribution. It's not clear if they're doing this worldwide, or just in the US quite yet.
Not distribution, the entire physical media business with production, authoring & distribution. US only, as Disney left international markets aready... (ie. Germany, Italy, Spain...).

Not distribution, the entire physical media business with production, authoring & distribution. US only, as Disney left international markets aready... (ie. Germany, Italy, Spain...).
Yes, I know. I was just simplifying it. That isn't confirmed. I mean none of this is officially confirmed, but I'd assumed US directly, then likely through partners elsewhere in the world.

Also Sony has not left any of those international markets, they simply have a distribution partner. Eagle picture etc.. That's not the same thing as exiting the market, such as disney in China.

Oh, so you think Sony will be selling Honey, I Shrunk the Kids and Mighty Joe Young Blu-rays then?
I just bought the later one, and sent an offer for the Shrunk/Blew Up duology on ebay...

Hi, I'm not sure where to post where it won't get missed. Disney Movie Club is closing. Would any be able to purchase some titles for me and forward them to the UK? I'll happily pay, I only want 3 titles but can't find anyone on eBay with all 3 who ships to the UK.

Thank you in advance

Give me a shout via PM, my membership is still active.

That’s not correct
Disney physical media releases still happen in Germany/Italy/Spain/UK and some other countries in Europe.

UK the distributor for Disney releases is Elevation Sales since October 2023

Elevation Sales in UK also are the distributor for StudioCanal/Paramount/Lionsgate/Sony and lots more UK labels they are the main distributor in UK now for Physical Media releases.

Italy is Eagle Pictures
Germany is Leonine Studios
Spain is Divisa Home Video

North America Sony will look after Disney Physical Media releases.

It’s not known yet if Sony will be distributor for Disney releases in other countries as that’s still TBC

Reactions: samdavies
Da Fuq is Disney movie club? lol

I say, BURN DISNEY!! BURN!

burn.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Basil