Disney Plus

mllNY

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
As an FYI if you want to sign up for this now until September 2, 2019 is a good time

Disney is offering a 3 year subscription for about $140ish (plus tax in some areas) which is like 3 years for the price of 2. I think it will be about $7 a month in the US or $70 for a yearly.

All you need to do is create a D23 account (even the free account is eligible) and the offer will show up in about 24-36 hours on your account page

raspor

Premium Supporter
Dec 2, 2011
Oxie, Sweden
As an FYI if you want to sign up for this now until September 2, 2019 is a good time

Disney is offering a 3 year subscription for about $140ish (plus tax in some areas) which is like 3 years for the price of 2. I think it will be about $7 a month in the US or $70 for a yearly.

All you need to do is create a D23 account (even the free account is eligible) and the offer will show up in about 24-36 hours on your account page
Sadly not for me in sweden

Something I was wondering...do you think the DL or SL will fit inside the 1/4 slip fan box lol.

Just curious

While I do plan on getting disney plus .... my thought is also this ..... how many years will it take to film all this stuff they are announcing? Probably be 2 years out before the good original stuff really starts rolling in. Hopefully there is at least like 4-6 shows ready to rock?

kaw

Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter

Sadly this deal you have to be in the USA otherwise I'd totally do it.

Thanks for the tag tho!

mllNY

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
@Wreck I think they are well into production for many of the announced shows. I was seeing finished Mandolorian shots in April at Celebration. I am sure some stuff will be ready to drop on day 1 and even if not I still think the price will be worth it.

@frankfish44 for me it was only $140, so odd some places seem to be getting hit with tax while others aren't

Apr 21, 2019
No doubt some of this will come out early on but I can easily wait 6 months pick it up for one month watch the stuff I’m interested in and cancel it. They’re not going to put out the amount of content that netflix puts out each month, so I don’t need it year round. My guess is I’ll pick it up based on if I need to watch an MCU show before watching an MCU movies. If I don’t need to do that, then I’d probably just get it one month a year, binge my ass off and cancel. That’s what I do with Hulu and eventually CBS All Access.

No doubt some of this will come out early on but I can easily wait 6 months pick it up for one month watch the stuff I’m interested in and cancel it. They’re not going to put out the amount of content that netflix puts out each month, so I don’t need it year round. My guess is I’ll pick it up based on if I need to watch an MCU show before watching an MCU movies. If I don’t need to do that, then I’d probably just get it one month a year, binge my ass off and cancel. That’s what I do with Hulu and eventually CBS All Access.
Hulu i actually keep all the time esp since they lowered their price. I pay like $6 a month.

frankfish44

Blaugrana 4ever
Contributor
Premium Supporter
@Wreck I think they are well into production for many of the announced shows. I was seeing finished Mandolorian shots in April at Celebration. I am sure some stuff will be ready to drop on day 1 and even if not I still think the price will be worth it.

@frankfish44 for me it was only $140, so odd some places seem to be getting hit with tax while others aren't
PA tax was added. Hearing others paid more as their states have a communications service tax making the bill even higher.

Apr 21, 2019
Hulu i actually keep all the time esp since they lowered their price. I pay like $6 a month.
I’m only interested in the commercial free version. I just did a month of it and powered through Handmaid, Veronica mars, Chance, Runaways, Cloak and Dagger and Catch 22. It took some effort and quite a bit of time on weekends, but I’m good till the next season of Handmaids is about done. Now if the D+ Package came with commercial free Hulu, I’d probably sign up for it all the time. But the list of network shows I watch has dwindled over the last couple of years....and many of those end up on netflix, so I just wait in most cases.