Display Units/Bookshelves-Show your Collection!

Feb 17, 2011
Im not sure if there is a thread on this already if so not sure where to find.
But most of my collection is on a couple of folding tables some stuff stacked on top of each other due to lack of space or too much stuff lol.

Most are still in there boxes still sealed but be nice to have some on display.

What do you guys have or use to show off your collection?
Display case or bookshelf or other?

Im interested to know of any ikea stuff you got recently and how much and what was it called.
But other ideas or stuff might be usefull to know as may find similar.

Post your pics if you can so i can see what they are like.
I have no idea what to get as yet so reason i have started this thread. Thanks.

I've seen people use billy book shelves from ikea. I got Besta and Detolf from there for other stuff, but I dont recommend really for steels.

I use Atlantic Oscar shelves for my collection of steels. cheap crappy shelves, but do the job and look decent ... wish i had gone with something different but im sooo many shelves in its not what im looking to drop $3-600 on replacing all anytime soon.

I've seen people use billy book shelves from ikea. I got Besta and Detolf from there for other stuff, but I dont recommend really for steels.

I use Atlantic Oscar shelves for my collection of steels. cheap crappy shelves, but do the job and look decent ... wish i had gone with something different but im sooo many shelves in its not what im looking to drop $3-600 on replacing all anytime soon.

So I'm confused you're saying to use the Billy's or Atlantic Oscar or not to use Besta's and Detolf's?? Or if you could you would have went with the Billy's from the start??

Detolfs are great for action figures, 1/6 scale.
Bestas are great for Statues (sideshow etc) They do come with one shelf so perhaps steels could be in there.

In regards to holding mass, my Atlantic do the job.

@Alistair G has the Billy tho. see here.

Looks like shelves are pretty adjustable and I think I'll go for these next time ... but when you got over 1,000 movies it can be a huge undertaking. ha

Reactions: MRD and elle82
Bestas are great for Statues (sideshow etc) They do come with one shelf so perhaps steels could be in there.

@Alistair G has the Billy tho. see here.

Looks like shelves are pretty adjustable and I think I'll go for these next time ... but when you got over 1,000 movies it can be a huge undertaking. ha

@Alistair G has the Billy tho.

I have Billy's too see here.

3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

It looks like Alistair put more inserts to have more shelves in one cabinet

Reactions: MRD and elle82
@GI_SnakeEyes yeah, thats what i did. Bought more Insides. I love the Billys, they're so variable.
So u can use it perfect for Movies or Comics on other Parts of the Room.

I make some "distance holder" that everything (Steelbook or Comic) stands till the Edge of the Shelf. So it make a better and for me cleaner look.

@GI_SnakeEyes yeah, thats what i did. Bought more Insides. I love the Billys, they're so variable.

I make some "distance holder" that everything (Steelbook or Comic) stands till the Edge of the Shelf. So it make a better and for me cleaner look.

Yeah like I said I figured that's what you did with more inserts. As you can see from my picture I love all the crazy rare collector editions which are big so the shelves supplied were more then enough for me. How do you make the holders? I'd be interested so my steels don't slide around also.

Reactions: elle82
@GI_SnakeEyes Actually they are made from cardboxes. Looks stupid but nobody see it, because the Steelbooks, Comics, Amarays are in front.
I plan to do it with Wood or Acrylic Glass. Can send you a Picture when i'm home.

Very neat look. The shelves look great!

Reactions: Alistair G