Display Units/Bookshelves-Show your Collection!

Feb 17, 2011
Im not sure if there is a thread on this already if so not sure where to find.
But most of my collection is on a couple of folding tables some stuff stacked on top of each other due to lack of space or too much stuff lol.

Most are still in there boxes still sealed but be nice to have some on display.

What do you guys have or use to show off your collection?
Display case or bookshelf or other?

Im interested to know of any ikea stuff you got recently and how much and what was it called.
But other ideas or stuff might be usefull to know as may find similar.

Post your pics if you can so i can see what they are like.
I have no idea what to get as yet so reason i have started this thread. Thanks.

Basically him and his two girls will be moving in with me and my three kids so i said his eldest could use that room and we'd move everything into the extra space in the bedroom. Its a huge bedroom lol. My other half is a big geeky nerd like me so its awesome
Makes perfect sense.

Glad it wasn't a .... "hey this stuff has got to go or find another place" ........... my wife doesnt allow anything of mine upstairs lol. all in the basement. I did get away with sticking a couple framed pictures (art print, / original art) up there tho and she was against it at first and i put it there and i guess she too lazy to take it down or something. HA. So in the immortal words of Razor Ramon , well..... Scott Hall ..... score one for the good guys (or bad guys since he said both ) :p

• Thanks
Reactions: elle82
We moved all the glass cabinets into another room since i last posted pictures. Not the greatest photo because of the angle but you get the idea lol. The lighting also isnt the best. We're considering putting light strips along each cabinet which will improve the look too. We left the rest of the collection in another room because it wouldn't fit into this space as this is part of our bedroom. But it works well and these cabinets all fit in nicely.

View attachment 368918

What's your plan for lighting. I did one of my detolfs and i'm waiting for a few more pieces to do my second if you'd like to bounce ideas off each other. I use LED strips rather than light bars or puck lighting like some other people do. I think it looks best
So excited that you're stepping your detolfs up to the next level

• Thanks
Makes perfect sense.

Glad it wasn't a .... "hey this stuff has got to go or find another place" ........... my wife doesnt allow anything of mine upstairs lol. all in the basement. I did get away with sticking a couple framed pictures (art print, / original art) up there tho and she was against it at first and i put it there and i guess she too lazy to take it down or something. HA. So in the immortal words of Razor Ramon , well..... Scott Hall ..... score one for the good guys (or bad guys since he said both ) :p
Oh no definitely not he's as into this stuff as i am, we actually have prints etc starting to take over the walls in other rooms too lol. Turning into a total geek house :rofl: All five kids are mini geeks too so they love it lol :rofl:
Well at least you get to have some art up and have your collection in the house :) Ive heard of people having to get rid of their collections because their other half didn't like it. Thats just wrong.

@SlimJim24 Light strips are probably the way we'll go, ive seen people install down lights but strips are definitely easier. :)

Oh no definitely not he's as into this stuff as i am, we actually have prints etc starting to take over the walls in other rooms too lol. Turning into a total geek house :rofl: All five kids are mini geeks too so they love it lol :rofl:
Well at least you get to have some art up and have your collection in the house :) Ive heard of people having to get rid of their collections because their other half didn't like it. Thats just wrong.

@SlimJim24 Light strips are probably the way we'll go, ive seen people install down lights but strips are definitely easier. :)
I cant complain, the downstairs is mine and its as big as some people's small houses. .... very fortunate in this current setup. My next setup at future house is one i worry about. ;p

well due to the incompetence of the ebay seller i've been dealing with, i'm now at 3 weeks of waiting for my order because the first time he didn't send it out due to a mix up, and now he only gave me one cable instead of 2. THREE WEEKS. i'm so annoyed

I cant complain, the downstairs is mine and its as big as some people's small houses. .... very fortunate in this current setup. My next setup at future house is one i worry about. ;p

Oh im sure youll make it work no matter the setup, is it smaller then what you have now?

well due to the incompetence of the ebay seller i've been dealing with, i'm now at 3 weeks of waiting for my order because the first time he didn't send it out due to a mix up, and now he only gave me one cable instead of 2. THREE WEEKS. i'm so annoyed

Ugh I HATE when ebay sellers stuff people around, its too frustrating for words. Hopefully youll have it sorted soon and can get on with your lighting.

did the best i could to take pictures. not quite the finished product but very close.

i have some 3/4'' grommets coming in today that will cover up the holes that i drilled through the bottom to clean up the look a little bit. after that i'll use some glue to glue some of the wiring to the moulding i bought from home depot. of course i'm not happy with the space but we will be getting a bigger apartment soon so it works for now

@Drum18

Attachments

• detolf1.jpg
    detolf1.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 450
  • detolf2.jpg
    detolf2.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 446
did the best i could to take pictures. not quite the finished product but very close.

i have some 3/4'' grommets coming in today that will cover up the holes that i drilled through the bottom to clean up the look a little bit. after that i'll use some glue to glue some of the wiring to the moulding i bought from home depot. of course i'm not happy with the space but we will be getting a bigger apartment soon so it works for now

@Drum18
Showing some awesome Disney steels much love. I like a lot.

Reactions: SlimJim24
I still don´t understand why people in australia got heaters

I thought the same but when you have had a hot summer you sure feel the cold in winter.
And here is me from Scotland where it's cold pretty much every day lol.
I even used to wonder how they could wear jeans here in winter when I was in shorts now I'm in the same boat.

How do you like the puck lighting? Your shelves look really nice but it looks like there’s some dark spots. Maybe it’s the angle of the pic?

My concern has always been whether the light reaches the bottom? @elle82

Last edited:
  • Thanks
How do you like the puck lighting? Your shelves look really nice but it looks like there’s some dark spots. Maybe it’s the angle of the pic?

My concern has always been whether the light reaches the bottom? @elle82
They worked out well, the way the cabinets are set up made it tricky to get everything in the photo clearly. Definitely a lot better seeing the set up in person

• Thanks
Reactions: SlimJim24