Display Units/Bookshelves-Show your Collection!

Feb 17, 2011
Im not sure if there is a thread on this already if so not sure where to find.
But most of my collection is on a couple of folding tables some stuff stacked on top of each other due to lack of space or too much stuff lol.

Most are still in there boxes still sealed but be nice to have some on display.

What do you guys have or use to show off your collection?
Display case or bookshelf or other?

Im interested to know of any ikea stuff you got recently and how much and what was it called.
But other ideas or stuff might be usefull to know as may find similar.

Post your pics if you can so i can see what they are like.
I have no idea what to get as yet so reason i have started this thread. Thanks.

Ive heard of people having to get rid of their collections because their other half didn't like it. Thats just wrong.

Unfortunately I done this exact thing , not because my other half didn’t like them we just thought they wasn’t appropriate for kids and once my son come along we got rid of most of my collection which at that point was mostly horror . I look back now at some of the items that I had especially McFarlane figures and kick myself :rofl: these are items that we purchased from new and would never get back now due to the prices that they go for:OMG:

We lived in a stupidly small place then so didn’t even have somewhere to store it all away, but do wish now that I’d tried to find an alternative to just getting rid.

Anyway enough of the sulking about it :rofl:I’m onto starting out a new collection now the kids are growing up :thumbs::whistle:

Reactions: elle82
Unfortunately I done this exact thing , not because my other half didn’t like them we just thought they wasn’t appropriate for kids and once my son come along we got rid of most of my collection which at that point was mostly horror . I look back now at some of the items that I had especially McFarlane figures and kick myself :rofl: these are items that we purchased from new and would never get back now due to the prices that they go for:OMG:

We lived in a stupidly small place then so didn’t even have somewhere to store it all away, but do wish now that I’d tried to find an alternative to just getting rid.

Anyway enough of the sulking about it :rofl:I’m onto starting out a new collection now the kids are growing up :thumbs::whistle:
Thats a shame. Both me and my partner love the same stuff and all our kids are old enough to know not to touch anything, or else lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Robles
Why isn't this thread more popular I wonder? I would like to see more collections shown in full glory :angel:;)
It has been a couple of years since I posted in this thread, so here's a newer picture. I just don't watch movies like it used to before kids so my collection has thinned out quite a bit. I do like that I have more room to display stuff though! I also did the unthinkable and mixed my Steelbooks into the rest of my collection :ohno:

full

Left - Right
Blu-ray alphabetical - Blu-ray alphabetical (cont.)
Blu-ray alphabetical (cont.) - Disney animation by release date, Pixar chronological by Pixar Theory, Pixar shorts
3D Blu-ray alphabetical, trilogies and series by number of movies - Disney "live-action" alphabetical
Book-type packaging - Trilogies and series Steelbooks (should be alpha. I just realized The Transporter trilogy is out of place)
Stargate - BTTF
DVD movies, TV on DVD, TV on Blu-ray - Old/odd/dead formats (HD DVD, Superbit DVD, VHS, Beta, Video8), Gua'uld death glider, other metal packaging

Seinfeld DVD Refrigerator box set, Laserdiscs (not really organized) - Blu-ray player
- HD DVD player
- DVD recorder/VHS combo
- Betamax VCR
Laserdisc player - Video8/Hi8 VCR

@Wreck @jasong thanks for the updates! Going through selling my blu rays and some steels. Just keeping the ones that give me joy in preparation for baby number 2 and an upcoming move to SoCal,

Love seeing everyone’s collections

• Friendly
Reactions: jasong
Hi all. Bit of a work in progress but I thought I'd share since I'm a newbie.

I've got a movie room up in my loft space (hence the angled ceiling), so I've been gradually trying to pimp it up. Set some lighting up in my shelves over lockdown, I'm going to sort out the bottom ones so they're displays as well with lighting:

20210205_135147s.jpg

And on the other side I've got some steels up on the wall which I'm probably going to expand a bit as I've got quite a few!

20210205_135201s.jpg