Premium Supporter
Mar 18, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Release date: October 13, 2020
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $34.99 - $22.99

6420201_sa.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=550.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
what an uninspired steelbook artwork but good news on 4K release, i just hope some retailers would take this as an opportunity to do WEA ... I hope...

and even it's the same art as original 1080 BD releases i still think the amaray art is way better...

272273_front.jpg

Last edited:
Damn, would love a 4k steel for this (one of my favourites in modern sci fi) but that steel is too similar to the last one

Reactions: goufcustom
Glossing and embossing could make this a pretty nice release actually. The original steelbook was a dull matte effort.

Hopefully one of the big boys will pick this up for a premium release. I'd love to see Elysium get that treatment too. Love those movies.

Reactions: Flloydo
Glossing and embossing could make this a pretty nice release actually. The original steelbook was a dull matte effort.

Hopefully one of the big boys will pick this up for a premium release. I'd love to see Elysium get that treatment too. Love those movies.

I do agree this has potential with the right finish. And as much as like the old HMV design it does have a terrible finish. Was actually one of my first steels. Elysium was such a disappointment but Shartlo was awesome. The face regeneration scene was quality.

would love a premium of this film though

I do agree this has potential with the right finish. And as much as like the old HMV design it does have a terrible finish. Was actually one of my first steels. Elysium was such a disappointment but Shartlo was awesome. The face regeneration scene was quality.

would love a premium of this film though

Same here, one of my first steels ( first 4-5 ) and I always love this design, but the finish is really shi**y. Not so keen on this new one though. The Metropolitan one is great, but again, finish and blu banner ruins it big time. Hence waiting for a flawless steel for this awesome flick continues :coffee::sleep:

Love the first UK release (2009), hate the second edition (2015), love this third edition (2020) particularly if the title and "no" symbol are embossed with the red frame border ...
... quite like the look of the non UK Continental release Blomkamp trilogy too:-
1594166076601.png

1594166109165.png

Last edited:
I have the HMV steelbook from back in the day and, despite it having a matte finish I still think it's a damn nice steelbook.
That and the glossy terminator Salvation were the first blu ray steelbooks I ever bought and got me into collecting...
I love the original District 9 steelbook. Great feel to it.