District 9

Apr 27, 2009
Pennsylvania
See the jaw-dropping first look at Neill Blomkamp's alien-intolerance movie District 9. Including a blurred out (for their safety) alien interrogation.

The mockumentary-looking film focuses on the slums we force an unfortunate alien race to live in on Earth, and our not so human response to their presence. If this film is anything like we've seen from Blomkamp before it promises to be an incredibly challenging and thought provoking feature, with the visual appeal of producer Peter Jackson. D9 will be released on August 14.

Click here for video

Official website

Soruce: io9.com

yes it's out, no it's not scary. it's an interesting flick. fx are amazing. It was nothing like I thought. Not sure what I thought but I gotta say, the trailers I have seen for this thing are a little deceiving. you may or may not see what I mean when you see the film. I coul;dn't help thinking of another movie the whole time I was watching it. I will not tell you what movie because that might give too much away. GO SEE THIS!!!

Seen it today. Awesome movie! :D Also not what I expected from the previews. To be honest, the very first one's I saw i thought it was gonna suck. But the latest one's that actually show footage of it made me more interested. Good amount of action and gore for those interested in that ;)

love this movie. it was very interesting and the fx we great. I also love the way the movie was filmed. Its just something new and refreshing.

the trailer looked really chessy in the start but i really noticed lately they have started adding in a lot of drama and action into the scenes...

I'll see it,I just Bet you guys there is going to be Tie-in for Part 2,knowing how these kind of movies are.

You know that this is based off of a short film called "alive in joburg"? that film was all about apartied down in johanasburg, south africa. i'd say humans already act that way... so it's only fitting that the aliens are in SA. can't wait to see this film!

I didn't know it was based on a short film. Well the film was pretty good.