District 9

Apr 27, 2009
Pennsylvania
See the jaw-dropping first look at Neill Blomkamp's alien-intolerance movie District 9. Including a blurred out (for their safety) alien interrogation.

The mockumentary-looking film focuses on the slums we force an unfortunate alien race to live in on Earth, and our not so human response to their presence. If this film is anything like we've seen from Blomkamp before it promises to be an incredibly challenging and thought provoking feature, with the visual appeal of producer Peter Jackson. D9 will be released on August 14.

Click here for video

Official website

Soruce: io9.com

Looks interesting enough. I can't get excited too much though.

Alien movies have to be done just right for me to enjoy them...

Cloverfield had good looking aliens... that's about it.

I was kinda excited for this until I heard that it was based on the writers book where some group of people was being forced to live in slum-like conditions and/or relocate to another part of the city in Johannesburg, South Africa. This is apparently the same story, just with aliens in place of the group in his book. I hate it when sci-fi movies start dealing with political and humanitarian issues.... A little bit for the sake of story is fine, but when you advertise aliens, I want to see aliens, not some crappy tale of how the alien was forced to live in a shack.

I think it might be a really boring book that peter jackson suped up with some aliens and a little blood. A $30 million budget doesn't sound overly promising either although that shouldn't be too much of a problem if they do things right.

I still want to see this flick, but I'm waiting for celluloid on this one. Not getting the greatest vide from it.

Looks interesting enough. I can't get excited too much though.

Alien movies have to be done just right for me to enjoy them...

Cloverfield had good looking aliens... that's about it.

same thing i was thinking...

i dont find it interesting at all,just looks a little to out there when it comes to any realism that can relate to me..in other words....doesn't look done right!

i just got back from seeing this flick. awesome movie IMO. I will be buying thios on the Blu release.

Great!! Was hoping to hear a good review. Plan on seeing it as soon as we can find a babysitter! :D Don't wanna hear too much about it, but is it scary at all??