Purchase links:
Amazon.it

81+13ecWJvL._SL1500_.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 206
Last edited by a moderator:
Hope they use this version in the UK or something with a nice detailed background, this would have been great but the banner and the foreign writing is off putting.

I'm getting this one because it appears I can't get access to the other steelbooks of the film.

In a way I'd rather have this artwork for the steelbook, it'd be perfect if they could get rid of all kinds of texts and just have this gorgeous pic only.

Are you guys sure this is going to be the actual artwork though?

Either way, I was pleasantly surprised with the film, I'm a fan of the books and I'm glad they managed to make Tris less irritating haha.

Are we sure this is the official look it'll have though?
does anyone know for sure?

As with most Italian domestic releases, we won't know for sure until nearer the release date, when we get to see the final artwork.

This title is being released by Eagle Pictures, whose previous foray into the 'metal' market was back in 2012 and included titles such as "Get the Gringo" and "From Dusk Till Dawn". Those releases were in the MetalPak format, referred to by amazon.it as Metal Box. The titles were embossed, the backs were printed and there was no blue banner printed on the front.

This looks to be the first Steelbook release from Eagle Pictures. It is actually described as such by amazon.it, instead of their usual term Metal Box. Also, if you check the published artwork, the spine is clearly that of a Steelbook not a MetalPak/FuturePak.

That said, I think we'll need to wait until closer to its release date to see whether this will be the final artwork.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to answer ! I didn't know about that at all!
I hope it'll be a beautiful steelbook then. I'll keep my order, i'm liking the surprise aspect in the end :)

I'm hoping the artwork stays pretty much the same, though wouldn't complain if the banner at the top disappeared. :p

I pre-ordered this before I ordered the ES version and originally planned to cancel one of the two, but having watched the film the other day decided to keep both - having ordered before the price went up, it's only costing me 17.56 EUR (roughly £14) delivered.

I'd pretty much forgotten about this until I got the dispatch email today :)

I can confirm this is no longer a "possible" steelbook, it is one - if a mod fancies updating the title ;)

The banner is printed, but for once I don't mind it so much as it feels like it fits with the Steelbook in terms of colours etc.
The back shown below is a data card, I'll take more pics when I'm home from work & open it this evening (including of the actual back of the Steelbook).

So far, this is my favourite Divergent front cover in terms of artwork used. Pretty happy so far considering I only paid £14.37 for it (including P&P) - which is less than the Steelbook costs (without delivery) now.

View Fullsize 1936x2592 Gallery

Front:
IMG_3054_sm.jpg

Data card (not the actual back of the Steelbook):
IMG_3058_sm.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great. Hope it is glossy, but I think it is not.
Yeah sorry it looks like it's matte to me - just like on the Amazon picture posted by jeremycanrana, the Steelbook has a "dotted" printing effect too (though it doesn't stand out anywhere near as much in person as in the Amazon pic), here's a close-up from the photo I took:

Dotted.png

Last edited:
Reactions: metal hunter
the back is actually pretty much the same thing as the data card with little pics from the movie.
The inside is amazing though.
I can't post pics right now but well MrBMT said he was going to do it.
It's not perfect in the end but I really like it