Django + Texas Adios (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Arrow Video USA) [USA]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: December 11, 2018 - June 30, 2020 (New release date)
Purchase link: DiabolikDVD - Amazon (Sold Out Listings Removed) - Zavvi USA
Price: $34.99 ( DiabolikDVD - Zavvi) - $36.68 $49.95 (Amazon)

DJANGO_3D_SB_FRONT.jpg

40498228_2103887166311933_2475812062165467136_n.jpg 40421281_2103887222978594_6219830161844469760_n.jpg

Last edited:
Owned by William Lustig

As a film director, Lustig is best known for his low-budget horror films Maniac,[2] Vigilante, Uncle Sam, and the Maniac Cop series.[3] Lustig has also worked as an actor playing small roles in his own films as well as in films by Sam Raimi, most notably as a fake shemp in Army of Darkness and a dockworker in Darkman.[4] As of 2009, Lustig is the CEO of Blue Underground; an entertainment company specializing in the release of obscure films and exploitation films on DVD.[5] He also produced a remake of his film Maniac (2012) and is rumoured to produce a new upcoming Maniac Cop with Nicolas Winding Refn.

another interesting note, He is the nephew of former middleweight champion Jake LaMotta.

I would presume the two may have already had a previous falling out .. ? Cause they obviously have done some type of business before if he owns rights still for Maniac ... otherwise maybe some type of other slight ? *shrug*

That or it was just this move that stirred it all up...

• Informative
Reactions: Robles
June 30th 2020 is the new release date

Only Amazon have the link active at the moment

DiabolikDVD do not have active link yet

Amazon price might drop before release date
Pre order price promise will drop price automatically in your order if price drops between now and release date

And alas ... back to only 3 really rare Steels due to "issues"

Metropolis UK (original)
Shogun Assassin UK

Both had their stock that didnt get sold burn down in a fire that was well publicized.

And Iron Man FutureShop. Where supposedly around roughly 1100 copies got sold as the rest is or was sitting in a Paramount warehouse .. perhaps already destroyed or still there. I had a phonecall a few years ago with the Director of Scanavo NA and he and another rep had visited Paramount and they were having some talks and brought up the title and Paramount checked their system and claimed the rest of the stock was there. Couldnt be sold due to the Disney Marvel buyout etc. So something held that up from even being liquidated etc. And alas that is why Iron Man futureshop was always much more of a chase then we had all realized. I figured its been enough time I can tell the story now. ha.

• Wow
Reactions: hatredhorror
DiabolikDVD and MVD has removed the listings from their websites as has Grindhouse
Reports of some customers orders been cancelled and refunded

I have tweeted arrow video for a update regarding this
Waiting for a reply

Reactions: Marc Dooley