Django + Texas Adios (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Arrow Video USA) [USA]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: December 11, 2018 - June 30, 2020 (New release date)
Purchase link: DiabolikDVD - Amazon (Sold Out Listings Removed) - Zavvi USA
Price: $34.99 ( DiabolikDVD - Zavvi) - $36.68 $49.95 (Amazon)

DJANGO_3D_SB_FRONT.jpg

40498228_2103887166311933_2475812062165467136_n.jpg 40421281_2103887222978594_6219830161844469760_n.jpg

Last edited:
40498228_2103887166311933_2475812062165467136_n.jpg 40421281_2103887222978594_6219830161844469760_n.jpg

2-DISC LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS
• Limited Edition SteelBook™ packaging featuring exclusive artwork
• New restoration from a 4K scan of Django from the original camera negative by Arrow Films
• New restoration from a 2K scan of Texas Adios from the original camera negative by Arrow Films
• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentations
• Uncompressed Mono 1.0 PCM audio
• Newly translated English subtitles for the Italian soundtrack
• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for the English soundtrack
• Limited edition fully illustrated booklet featuring new writing on the film by Howard Hughes and original reviews

DISC 1 – DJANGO
• Audio commentary by film critic, historian and theorist Stephen Prince
• Newly filmed interview with star Franco Nero
• Newly filmed interview with assistant director Ruggero Deodato
• Newly filmed interview with co-writer Franco Rossetti
• Newly filmed interview with Sergio Corbucci’s wife Nora Corbucci
• Archival interview with co-writer Piero Vivarelli
• Archival interview with stuntman and actor Gilberto Galimberti
• Discovering Django, newly filmed appreciation by Spaghetti Westerns scholar Austin Fisher
• An Introduction to Django by Alex Cox, an archival featurette with the acclaimed director
• Gallery of original promotional images from the Mike Siegel Archive
• Original trailer

DISC 2 – TEXAS ADIOS
• Audio commentary for by spaghetti western experts C. Courtney Joyner and Henry C. Parke
• Newly filmed interview with star Franco Nero
• Newly filmed interview with co-star Alberto Dell'Acqua
• Newly filmed interview with co-writer Franco Rossetti
• Hello Texas!, newly filmed appreciation by Spaghetti Westerns scholar Austin Fisher
• Gallery of original promotional images from the Mike Siegel Archive
• Original trailer

Last edited:
Is this going to be available in uk do you know? Do these guys take payment upfront or when ordering. Never ordered from these guys before but believe they pack well?

Is this going to be available in uk do you know? Do these guys take payment upfront or when ordering. Never ordered from these guys before but believe they pack well?
No UK steelbook release

DiabolikDVD packaging is very good but shipping cost overseas is expensive

Arrow Films don't have distribution rights in UK for Django they only have distribution rights for Texas Adios in the UK
Cult Films in the UK have distribution rights for Django

Arrow Video Texas Adios Blu-ray release
https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/orgies-of-edo-blu-ray-arrow-video-uk.96597/

This Steelbook likely be listed on Amazon USA and other US/Canada retailers at some stage before release date

hells yes.. this has been on my "i wish they would make a steelbook for this film" for a long time

and adding Texas Adios is a huge bonus

it will likely be locked.

I get the discs early of release dates tho so i could check.
Texas Adios disc I expect will be region free as it's also getting a UK release

Django disc though I expect will be region A locked

Arrow though have by error on some releases done region free when should be region locked

Arrow Video Facebook

** Django / Texas Adios Update - US & Canada **

In February 2018, Arrow Film Distributors entered into an exclusive multiple territory license for the titles Texas Adios (1966) and Django (1966) which represented and warranted to Arrow that it held all rights to these films.

Unfortunately, for reasons beyond our control and through no fault of our own, we have recently learnt that there is a dispute surrounding the rights between the previous distributor in the territory, Blue Underground and the Rights owner in Italy that made such representations to us. What followed, was interference from Blue Underground into our distribution of these titles.

Many retail customers of ours in the US and Canada have been threatened by Blue Underground with cease and desist letters on the Django / Texas Adios products that we have produced so far, namely the 2-disc Limited Edition and the Limited Edition Steelbook, both scheduled for release on December 11th 2018 in both the US and the Canada.

We place the onus to resolve the issue of Blue Underground’s continued exploitation of the films outside of their license period upon the underlying Italian rights owner. We are looking to them for resolution of the matter and in order to protect the retailers involved from any threatened action on the part of Blue Underground, we are for the moment, withdrawing the titles from distribution

We sincerely regret that this situation has arisen, and, although we are an innocent party in this, we apologise to you as our valued customers for the uncertainty surrounding the availability of these available products. We are pushing the parties involved to resolve the matter in as quick a time frame as possible so kindly bear with us as we move this situation forward towards a resolution

All rights reserved
Arrow Films

Thanks @paulboland for the update :thanks:. Very standup of Arrow to explain the sudden lack of availability anywhere. :thumbs:

And wouldn't you know it, both my AZ copies arrived damaged in one of their wonderful bubble envelopes, :banghead: and I can't get replacements. Urrgh. :grumpy: At least now I know that I'll just need to be patient till this is resolved. :sweat:

Reactions: paulboland