Django + Texas Adios (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Arrow Video USA) [USA]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: December 11, 2018 - June 30, 2020 (New release date)
Purchase link: DiabolikDVD - Amazon (Sold Out Listings Removed) - Zavvi USA
Price: $34.99 ( DiabolikDVD - Zavvi) - $36.68 $49.95 (Amazon)

DJANGO_3D_SB_FRONT.jpg

40498228_2103887166311933_2475812062165467136_n.jpg 40421281_2103887222978594_6219830161844469760_n.jpg

Last edited:
I was lucky to get a copy of the steel. Mine was shipped before the embargo started and very nice it is too....... You can imagine my surprise when reading about the fiasco and then the steelbook dropping through my door.....

Last edited:
I was lucky to get a coy of the steel. Mine was shipped before the embargo started and very nice it is too.......

So what happened it was never released I had these originally pre ordered steelbook and limited boxset but decided to cancel prior never really followed up with it afterwards.

Still nothing??? I want this!!!
Blue Underground has distribution rights in USA
Arrow had to stop selling the release in USA as Blue Underground issued cease and desist notice to stop selling the release
A small amount of stock was shipped before retailers stopped selling due to legal reasons above

Until Blue Underground rights expire in USA or a deal can be recheaded on distribution between parties involved there is nothing Arrow can do about it
This can take time as in years before it's sorted

UK arrow has distribution rights for Texas, Adios but not in USA
UK distribution rights for Django are with Cult Films UK
So arrow can't do a UK release of Django

• Thanks
Reactions: apsmith21
It's a real shame as the new Arrow pressing is light years ahead of the blue underground one... Comes across as sore grapes on the part of Blue Underground

[QUOTENews? This steelbook is fantastic. I want it.][/QUOTE]

I have it and it's lovely.........Must dig it out and watch it again at the weekend.....

News? This steelbook is fantastic. I want it.
That'as not possible unless you want to pay high price on Ebay

Arrow had to stop selling the release in USA as Blue Underground issued cease and desist notice to stop selling the release
A small amount of stock was shipped before retailers stopped selling due to legal reasons

There is no update to this situtation Arrow still cant release the steelbook as they do not have the rights to do the release

A small amount of stock was shipped before retailers stopped selling due to legal reasons

There is no update to this situtation Arrow still cant release the steelbook as they do not have the rights to do the release
I hope the rights will cease soon.

My understanding is that Arrow secured the rights from the original owners and than when it went to press Blue Underground stepped in and said "Sorry we still have the USA rights" and that's when all hell broke loss. A few people (I was one of them) got their copies. It's a real shame as it's an excellent pressing and sadly Blue Underground are not interested in any talks with Arrow. That's been made clear. Even though it's not Arrow's fault.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can it be bought in the UK?
Arrow don't have the rights in UK to release Django in any format
Cult Films UK have the distribution rights to Django in the UK

This steelbook was a USA release only but arrow had to pull the release from sale as Blue Underground has the distribution rights in USA to Django
A small amount of stock got shipped to customers before the stock was pulled from release

It can only be purchased from third party sellers and was very high prices on Ebay when there was few peviously listed
Only a very small amount of stock managed to be shipped before been pulled so even if all those who had their order delivered decided to sell it would not be many copies.

The small amount customers was very lucky they had their orders shipped as Blue Underground issued the cease and desist letters to the retailers to stop taking any pre orders this happened before release date.
Arrow has the remaining stock that was removed from sale
Arrow cannot sell these at the moment unless USA distribution rights issue can be sorted but it's looking unlikely that will happen anytime soon if at all

I was curious so I did some digging. It’s very unusual to have a license term last a long time, and Blue Underground produced the title in 2010...so they might have some very interesting wording in their contract.

So in 2018 Arrow comes around and looks to distribute that same title. But contends that the license has lapsed and they can issue their edition.

We place the onus to resolve the issue of Blue Underground’s continued exploitation of the films outside of their license period, upon the underlying Italian rights owner. We are looking to them for resolution of the matter and in order to protect the retailers involved from any threatened action on the part of Blue Underground, we are for the moment, withdrawing the titles from distribution

if it’s not been resolved by now, I would presume this more complicated that Arrow stated it is, and these copies won’t see the light of day for a long time.

If it’s over who owns the blu-ray intellectual property then that would be expensive to litigate and more costly than just taking the loss on any future sales.

Reactions: paulboland
I was curious so I did some digging. It’s very unusual to have a license term last a long time, and Blue Underground produced the title in 2010...so they might have some very interesting wording in their contract.

So in 2018 Arrow comes around and looks to distribute that same title. But contends that the license has lapsed and they can issue their edition.

if it’s not been resolved by now, I would presume this more complicated that Arrow stated it is, and these copies won’t see the light of day for a long time.

If it’s over who owns the blu-ray intellectual property then that would be expensive to litigate and more costly than just taking the loss on any future sales.
Blue Underground claimed to still have sole ownership of the film's US distribution rights and sent cease and desist letters to retailers who had pre-ordered both digipack and steelbook releases and Blue Underground also sent the cease and desist letter to the Italian rights holder Surf Film.

I can see a possible way around this issue if Cult Films UK and Arrow Films worked together on a UK release but they not done combined resources together before