DLP's Future?

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
You know, as good a picture as a DLP can produce I think its demise will be over time as less word of mouth recommendations will go out after the current consumers keep replacing those bulbs. They retail round $400, I get mine online for like $180 but it didnt even last me 2 years.

Thoughts?

Well, for casual TV watchers I'd say they are more than worth it ... as they may be able to stretch their bulb life to 4 yrs. My TV is on tho damn near 12 hours a day if not more.

Never had a DLP and i dont think i ever will. Just to big and bulky. If you want a big screen just go with a projector like i did. Much bigger and picture is superb when you get the right one

Reactions: domalorite
I had a 50" Samsung but gave it to my little bro. Its a nice TV but it is a space hog. I got it I wanna say 4 years ago and and it still works fine. no burnt out bulbs, knock on wood. If the prices of LCDs didnt drop its a good buy for people on a budget.

Reactions: oselallo
Never had a DLP and i dont think i ever will. Just to big and bulky. If you want a big screen just go with a projector like i did. Much bigger and picture is superb when you get the right one

Projectors are nice, but for my taste never unless I am forking like 10+ grand and real nice projectors with different lenses and crap :) lol

Speak of the devil, wifey just said my lamp went out!! This **** didnt last but like 4 months.... ridiculous.

Reactions: oselallo
I know, Im actually really surprised ... I'm thinking it may be having to do with me ordering it from some online site to save a hundred or so ... they claimed they were maganovox brand lamps and that they were better but ever since I put it in for some reason I felt it had been a little brighter initially on the first bulb. I'll be out of commission for a while, but I'll be more productive on website stuff haha. I really need to finish up this one website I was contracted to do. (so boring, its on business loan scores)

FOR REAL! I looked it up, it only lasted 5 months! I wont be buying from fixyourdlp.com again.

Well, just got one off ebay for $130 tray case included.

Oh and it arrived today :D

So I should be online finally again tonight!

I was looking at Samsung 67'' led dlp it doesnt need new lamps for like 20 years and it costs around $1,800.00 on Amazon, anybody knows anything about these?