Starring:
Danny Aiello, Ossie Davis, Ruby Dee, Richard Edson, Giancarlo Esposito
  • United States
  • 120 minutes
  • Color
  • 1.85:1
  • English
628C0091-515D-42E5-BE7D-7A65FDF173A9.jpeg

Set on one block of Brooklyn’s Bed-Stuy Do or Die neighborhood, at the height of summer, this 1989 masterpiece by Spike Lee confirmed him as a writer and filmmaker of peerless vision and passionate social engagement. Over the course of a single day, the easygoing interactions of a cast of unforgettable characters—Da Mayor, Mother Sister, Mister Señor Love Daddy, Tina, Sweet Dick Willie, Buggin Out, Radio Raheem, Sal, Pino, Vito, and Lee’s Mookie among them—give way to heated confrontations as tensions rise along racial fault lines, ultimately exploding into violence. Punctuated by the anthemic refrain of Public Enemy’s “Fight the Power,” Do the Right Thing is a landmark in American cinema, as politically and emotionally charged and as relevant now as when it first hit the big screen.

6EEBFA6E-47B3-40F9-B49C-7C08CB737807.jpeg

DIRECTOR-APPROVED SPECIAL EDITION FEATURES

New 4K digital restoration, approved by cinematographer Ernest Dickerson, with 5.1 surround DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack on the Blu-ray
  • Audio commentary from 1995 featuring director Spike Lee, Dickerson, production designer Wynn Thomas, and actor Joie Lee
  • Introductions by Lee
  • Making “Do the Right Thing,” a documentary from 1988 by St. Clair Bourne
  • New interviews with costume designer Ruth E. Carter, camera assistant Darnell Martin, New York City Council Member Robert Cornegy Jr., and writer Nelson George
  • Interview with editor Barry Alexander Brown from 2000
  • Programs from 2000 and 2009 featuring Lee and members of the cast and crew
  • Music video for Public Enemy’s “Fight the Power,” directed by Lee, with remarks from rapper Chuck D
  • Behind-the-scenes footage
  • Cannes Film Festival press conference from 1989
  • Deleted and extended scenes
  • Original storyboards, trailer, and TV spots
  • PLUS: An essay by critic Vinson Cunningham, and (on the Blu-ray) extensive excerpts from the journal Lee kept during the preparation for and production of the film
ORIGINAL TRAILER:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wouldn't it have been easier to do the red background first before the lettering?
I'm assuming it was due to time... they probably didn't want to wait for the red to dry before painting over it with yellow etc., which obviously would've mixed the colours otherwise.

I like how they also painted the door whilst they were at it though lol.

I'm assuming it was due to time... they probably didn't want to wait for the red to dry before painting over it with yellow etc., which obviously would've mixed the colours otherwise.

I like how they also painted the door whilst they were at it though lol.
OWNER: "Hey, as long as you have the paint out....you think you could do the door?"
ARTIST: "Well, I dunno..."
*OWNER points at mural*
ARTIST: "yeah, O.K....."

• Haha
Reactions: Noodles
OWNER: "Hey, as long as you have the paint out....you think you could do the door?"
ARTIST: "Well, I dunno..."
*OWNER points at mural*
ARTIST: "yeah, O.K....."
Lol reminds me of our neighbour... every time we have workman out the neighbour comes around to ask them if they can do a "quick job" at their house. :rolleyes: