Do you ever plan on getting a projector?

I currently have one and i highley recommend it. Gives you that Theater feel right at home. Not to mention having people over for sporting events is a plus

How is the display on them compared to a plasma or lcd? If it was equal to or better quality and if I had the money/space for it then why not :) LOL I haven't seen anybody with a projector setup.

Like I said in another thread I plan to get an Epson 8350. Am in the process of having a house built. It will have a dedicated HT in a 100% light controlled room. Will Have a 120" screen made for it.

Well, that dream crumbled, just like my marriage.

Last edited:
Like I said in another thread I plan to get an Epson 8100. Am in the process of having a house built. It will have a dedicated HT in a 100% light controlled room. Having a 120" screen made next week.

THATS BAD ASS!

I'm about to finish my little home theater room, and I bought a few months ago an Epson TW3500 (8100 in USA I think), which unfortunately I haven't use yet (just a quick test).

I'm really excited :D

Would love to get a projector, I don't have a 3D tv but if i was to move over the the 3D world it has to be with a projector. I'm renting at the moment when i have the funds to buy my own place then i will start looking into building a HC room

Most of my friends had moved to 3D projector, the most recent one is Optoma HD33.
In 80-103 inches, that's huge.

I read there is another one is coming BenQ and they are good ?
I do not have any experience in watching projector but based on my movies watching habit, I might afraid the lamp life would be a killer to me.

Any of your guys watch lots of movies using projector ? What's the frequency and how long normally the lamp would last before you need to replace the lamp again ?

Thought of setting up a dedicated movie room by using one of my un-use bedroom.

I've had projectors for years and they are amazing. Especially today with 1080p/24 etc. I currently have an Optoma HD200x, and will soon be replacing that with the 300x. They're great projectors and among the cheapest for what they do. Highly recommended.