Do you own a region-free/switch Blu-Ray Player?

Own a region-free/switch Blu-Ray Player?

• Yes!

Votes: 34 56.7%
  • No!

Votes: 13 21.7%
  • Not yet,but hopefully soon!

Votes: 10 16.7%
  • Most discs are not actually locked/I just wait for a release in my own region!

Votes: 5 8.3%

• Total voters
I need to admit that I made a big mistake when I did not take the PS3 as first player since I was not a believer of being "The Machine", right now I believe nothing will change it unless a replacement (knocking wood), had the idea to get one but not all region locked discs have spanish subs

Massgains-nice! I heard great things about the Oppo and Sherwood. I have 2 LG BH200's (one I got for $80 as open box at BB, LOL). I also have PS3 and BD35-neither region free. But since LG BH 200 is also multi-region, I can take advantage of all sales at Amazon UK for standard def, and not even think about it. I love it:)

Massgains-nice! I heard great things about the Oppo and Sherwood. I have 2 LG BH200's (one I got for $80 as open box at BB, LOL). I also have PS3 and BD35-neither region free. But since LG BH 200 is also multi-region, I can take advantage of all sales at Amazon UK for standard def, and not even think about it. I love it:)

Thanks...the Oppo is by far my favorite. I got the Sherwood for $50.00 when americantv.com screwed up on their price listing.:scat:
Nice choice on the LG BH200's, that was my first choice until I found out about the Oppo.

I also love taking advantage of the awesome sales on Amazon UK. They have some great deals on both standard def and high def movies/tv shows. I've spent way too much money on their site.:p

Yes!

OPPO BDP-83 hardware modified

Since I prefer international limited Blu-ray editions (rather than the miserable italian ones) I made my choice and this was, and is my first BD player.

And it matches my other eletronics in a perfect way :scat:

Ya, me too. I love it. I was a little nervous when l upgraded the software, but there were no issues.
Yes!

OPPO BDP-83 hardware modified

Since I prefer international limited Blu-ray editions (rather than the miserable italian ones) I made my choice and this was, and is my first BD player.

And it matches my other eletronics in a perfect way :scat:

Sent from my GT-I9000M using Tapatalk

It can't be modified via remote control like a DVD-player, because I think manufacturers can't make their player "hackable" via software, or they will loose the license to produce hardware.

So it's an hardware hack, made by a simple little board inserted in the player.

I bought it on ebay already region-free, but you can also buy the standard player and, separately, the card (last year I think it was about $60) with full instructions.
It's a simple procedure.

(I'm sorry if my english is not so good, I hope you understand...)

sounds good, anymore info? is this card player specific or does it work on any BD player?

I went the long way around and i bought a Region A and a Region B player just so that I can watch things both Foriegn and Domestic.

The card I was referring to, works just with the Oppo BD83, which by the way is discontinued by Oppo (new players are out now).

I don't know about other players...

Oppo 83 with mod chip from here http://www.bluraychip.dk/ I love this thing...it plays everything I put in it and the mod was plug and play. If I ever have to send player in for warranty work...chip pops out and we're good to go! :scat: You can still find the 83 new and used if you look around.