harry

Premium Supporter
Nov 12, 2012
Release date: End of August, 2017
Group Buy: hosted by cooey
One Click x 60 $180
Double Lenti x 26 $69
Single Lenti x 18 $64
Notes: 2 discs WEA release (3D+BD). Limited to 2000 copies.
Double Lenti, Single Lenti and 1/4 slip editions (1/4 slip only available in the One Click)

Release update from Blufans -

The single lenti will be out around August 21st.
The double lenti will be out a week after it.
The 1 click will be out in early Sept.

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I always thought my first one-click would be because all of the slips compliment each other (Novamedia Age of Ultron) and I already own the double lenticular for this release but somehow...
tenor.gif

When I first looked at all the beautyshots before pre-order, I was amazed at how well thought out these packages were put together. The Magical Cards is just a very clever addition !
I was mezmerized about all the beautiful Packages for each editions. Everything about theses editions oozes Quality and each edition complement the other ones(I've said that many times :emb: )

I'm very glad and happy for you that you were able to grab one of these. But I would add that this is not due to the 2100 print run, but Blufans had underestimated at how popular this movie was.
Many people do not know about this, but after the bloodbath of the Group Buys everywhere, there was a big commotion about all being sold out so quickly. Blufans had then put the word out there asking if they should do a 2nd edition of Doctor Strange with Different Artwork(I don't know why but they could not just increase the original print run with the same Artwork), however all Collectors that had participated in the Group Buys were very upset and strongly voiced their opposition about this idea because they would also want to have the other edition as well and it would not have resolved anything, but just make things worse.
So Blufans Decided not to do a 2nd Release(with different Artwork which would have been again a 2000 print run)
There are other titles that are around 2000 print run that do not achieve the popularity and demand for this Title from Blufans.
But since Doctor Strange, Blufans are more aware and carefully weight the popularity of a title and its print run.

I agree with you, Doctor Strange, WW HDzeta and for me also CoCo Blufans Exclusives is another little Gem(Such a beautiful package and exquisite Steelbook).
If ever you get the Opportunity look into CoCo (some had issue with the Clarity of the Lenticular but for me I had none).

Thanks for the insight mate much appreciated :thumbs: Blufans Doctor Strange has quite the origin story doesn’t it :giggle::D It’s my favourite MCU film followed by GOTG so I thought I may aswell go all out for it and your so right it’s a very complementary edition with every piece very thought out oozing class and quality :drool: especially those acrylic magical numbering cards :cool: So stoked that I do have an opened DL aswell to appreciate some of Blufans hard work, dedication and passion theve put into this package especially the steelbook itself that’s some benchmark stuff right there :happy: and that OC da da damn :drool: always catches my eye when I walk past it such a stunner :joy: Kudos to you champ to own an opened and sealed copy :cigar: very nice way to roll, to have the best of both worlds.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Actarus
Someday... the one click will be mine :giggle:

It’s my holy grail right now, surpassed HDZeta’s WW and Nova’s Ultron a while back

I’m sure it will :thumbs: and wish you the very best looking for your holy grail, well worth the treasure hunt I do say myself :happy: Took many months but got there in the end and you will to. Can understand your reasoning and agree Blufans Doctor Strange has become my #1 grail overtaking Zeta’s WW as there’s something truly special about this OC :drool:

• Thanks
Reactions: Skyarcke
I’m sure it will :thumbs: and wish you the very best looking for your holy grail, well worth the treasure hunt I do say myself :happy: Took many months but got there in the end and you will to. Can understand your reasoning and agree Blufans Doctor Strange has become my #1 grail overtaking Zeta’s WW as there’s something truly special about this OC :drool:

I appreciate that, it’s such an incredible package and totally deserving of our admiration even after being released so long ago, I’m sure I’ll get it just gotta keep my eyes open and save up

• Thanks
Reactions: willbar84
I appreciate that, it’s such an incredible package and totally deserving of our admiration even after being released so long ago, I’m sure I’ll get it just gotta keep my eyes open and save up

It’s one of these Boxsets that will keep gaining value over time. If you can snag it for under £400 shipped you got yourself a deal. The singles itself and an empty box has the potential to sell upto £500. Nothing is impossible if you want a bargain and a good deal, but the longer you leave it the worse it gets. Good Luck Buddy!

No one’s “afraid”, now that for most Marvels a 4K version is coming (or is already available), premium releases are going to be re-released (like HDZeta’s Interstellar for example)?
Making the current ones “worthless”?

No one’s “afraid”, now that for most Marvels a 4K version is coming (or is already available), premium releases are going to be re-released (like HDZeta’s Interstellar for example)?
Making the current ones “worthless”?

I think if Blufans did do a re-release it would make sense for the old Generation releases such as IM, Thor, CA etc as they don’t have three editions or Boxsets. I don’t think it would make sense to re-release the others. I mean just stick the 4K Disc in the premium if you open them. But for general steels, standard local WWA ones (not marvel related) most of them aren’t worth much now.

• Thanks
Reactions: willbar84
I think if Blufans did do a re-release it would make sense for the old Generation releases such as IM, Thor, CA etc as they don’t have three editions or Boxsets. I don’t think it would make sense to re-release the others. I mean just stick the 4K Disc in the premium if you open them. But for general steels, standard local WWA ones (not marvel related) most of them aren’t worth much now.

Whether it makes sense or not wouldn't matter. If Blufans were to release 4K sets of titles they already released, they would sell.

• Thanks
Reactions: St4rlord
Whether it makes sense or not wouldn't matter. If Blufans were to release 4K sets of titles they already released, they would sell.

I never said they wouldn’t sell...any marvels is going to sell lol.
I am talking about a collectors point of view if they did re-release the old marvels, what would make more sense.

Rschiks pointed out interstellar releasing an upgraded 4K single release updated to their current releases. SPR upgraded boxset from their old generation Boxsets.

Honestly between Blufans current backlog + current & upcoming Disney Animation Studio Films, Disney Live Action Films, MCU Films, Sony Marvel Universe Films, Star Wars Films, Avatar Sequels from Fox (most likely), other Disney ‘n’ Fox Films coming out in the near future and Future OAB’s. Blufans ain’t going to have time to worry about 4K re-release “Boxset incl. 3 editions” Blufans Exclusives Premiums. So yes I’m not afraid :LOL:

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: DMD4k
My primary reason I buy steelbooks is for the steelbook as an object and its slipcovers/art etc otherwise I would save my money and focus on the amaray route.
The discs are secondary. My preference is 4K but if it has 3D+2D only then so be it if I like the steelbook.

I'm all for re-releases of sets or individuals that are 4K only on the condition that it's something from scratch and not the same set released again.
Maybe it won't happen but if Blufans released another Dr Strange set with different art but 4K only then I'm certainly getting it if money allows,
I'm a collector of a specific genre and even within that genre it's niche.

Release lots, then you have a choice to buy or walk away taking into consideration all of the reasons you collect and what you already own.

When people talk about the big wide world of the 'steelbook market' that doesn't even enter my head when collecting.
I don't enter a group buy and rub my hands thinking "ohhh I must have this so I have a high end piece of market" (everything seems to be a 'grail' these days btw :LOL: )
I enter wanting it in my collection knowing it will sell out and I will lose out and turn a blind eye to the financial greed that exists on our beloved ebay site.
What I think things are worth is always going to be different to what somebody else thinks they are worth (no point arguing it) and I don't collect for monetary value, I collect for
personal value, for personal taste and enjoyment. 20 years from now I won't give a damn because a different format will be here and I'll just roll with the times.

Reactions: jailbird_joey