Doctor Strange (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [Canada]

Sep 2, 2017
CANADA
Release date: October 1, 2019
Purchase link: Best Buy.ca
Price: CDN $44.99

doctor.jpeg

Reactions: MerlinT
I preordered one copy of each of Ant-Man, Doctor Strange, and Guardians of the Galaxy. Happened to check at just the right time after they went first went up, I guess.

Managed to score 3 copies each of Guardians and Doctor Strange. Anyone who managed to score Ant-Man, I'd be willing to do a one for one trade with if you missed out on one of these. If no trades occur, can sell them to you at cost + shipping provided I get good copies.

@Stygian @Leprekon @dchamp444 @rj531 @MerlinT @Drum18

Sorry if I missed anyone :(

Cheers!

Thanks for the tag! I would be interested in Doctor Strange and GOTG if they are available but I don't have an Ant-Man to trade. I wasn't able to order any of these titles.

Reactions: Shadow of Light
So I decided to try Guardians and Doctor Strange. Even though they showed as sold out I clicked on them anyway and they were available to order. So I guess I have now learned that even when showing sold out, clicking on the listing may show up as available anyway.

Keep trying!

Reactions: Leafs17
The listing has been removed. They didn't waste much time. It could come back again. The Iron Man and Thor listings were removed and then came back.

All three copies arrived today without the infamous Disney Dent and these came from back east. Delivery from east or west, no issues so far. Either I'm very lucky or everyone else who gets the dent is very unlucky.

Cheers!

All three copies arrived today without the infamous Disney Dent and these came from back east. Delivery from east or west, no issues so far. Either I'm very lucky or everyone else who gets the dent is very unlucky.

Cheers!

I found that both Guardians and Doctor Strange came out very well. Perfect shrink-wrap although they do have that same little flaw in that same spot on the back on the bottom left. Ant-Man as well. There's something going wrong when they get packaged. It wasn't enough to cause a dent this time but there is definitely a problem at one of their packaging facilities that provide steelbooks to this area

Here are 2 photos of the backs. Doctor Strange on top, Guardians in the middle and Ant-Man on the bottom.

You can see that the flaws line up perfectly on all 3 under the iTunes logo. This is on every single steelbook I receive from Best Buy in Canada. There is always a small tear in the shrink-wrap there. A lot of times there is a dent in that spot as well. Other times they are just scratched or scuffed there along with the tear. Then there are these copies which just have the tear but without the dents and scuffs. This is the reason that I always have to order multiple copies. Just so I can be satisfied with copies like this.

20191004_175429.jpg
20191004_175619.jpg

Last edited: