Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
2.67 star(s) Rating: 2.67/5 3 Votes
Title: Doctor Strange 2

Genre: Science Fiction, Fantasy, Action

Director: Scott Derrickson

Cast: Benedict Cumberbatch, Elizabeth Olsen, Benedict Wong, Tilda Swinton, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Rachel McAdams

Release: 2021-05-31

Plot: The sequel to Doctor Strange (2016).

Reactions: Drum18 and Basil
Full on spoiler thoughts
Good

As I said liked the horror tone, the part where Wanda comes through the gong was very Exorcisty/Samara in the Ring

Obviously the illuminati scene, OMFG John Krasinski as Mr Fanatstic happened

The score was fantastic, loved the throwback tunes to Wandavision and X-Men

Bad

Wanda's overall arc was the biggest disappointment for me, she left Wandavision full of remorse and yet she's not only the main villain from her very first scene in this but she's even worse than she was in Wandavision. Would have preferred her to start off helping Strange and Chavez and then slowly deteriate as the film progressed. Then there's her ending, is she dead? If so that's another case of the film doing the dirty on her. If she's not dead then they should have used one of the post credit scenes to confirm she's still around which brings me onto....

The final scene/post credit scene, these didn't work together. The fact the film ends with him in pain in the street was fine and suitably cliffhangery but then a minute later he's walking down the street fine? Took all impact away from that final scene. What I think they should of done is just ditched the final scene and just gone with the post credit one to end the film on as Charlize Theron in the MCU definitely was a good moment to close the film on

Still sticking with an 8/10 score, had it not been for my main gripe (Wanda's arc) then it definitely would have got a 9/10 and been up there with the best MCU films

Saw this last night in IMAX!
Guys. Go see it before it gets spoiled... and i have a feeling spoilers are going to be everywhere this weekend. So be safe! Stay off social media if you can.

I'd give the film a 8/10. Its not perfect. It moves WAY too fast sometimes. I wish it had slowed down a little to breathe and have a few more character moments.

@tommyh84 I Agree with you on so much!
I wish we would have had a little more struggle with Wanda turning from Good to Bad. Show the Darkhold consuming her and maybe not reveal that she is the villain so early on. Maybe make that twist a little later and then it has more of an impact. And I also totally agree that the Mid Credits scene was dumb. Totally weakened the end of the movie. You can tell it was an afterthought, probably shot durrning re-shoots.

I thought I was going to hate America Chavez, but I ended up loving her. It went from, "oh no, an annoying kid sidekick character" to "Shes Great!"

That entire Illuminati scene got as big of a pop in my theater as Cap lifting Thors hammer in Endgame. People were going nuts.

The Black Bolt death was the biggest OH SH!T moment.

I really hope that means that Krasinski is going to be Reed moving forward in the MCU. Very curious how they are going bring F4 into the MCU now.
A part of me was a little disappointed because I thought this would reveal how Mutants come into the MCU... but it didn't. Im sure Feige has a plan, and I'll trust it. But I still thought this would lay more groundwork for things moving forward.

I will say this. This is the darkest/scariest MCU movie. I can see parents taking their kids out of the theater for being too scared.

Rami does such a good job putting his spin on this film. This has to be one of the most creatively shot MCU films hands down. The things he does with the Camera in this are amazing.
Very curious how this would have turned out if Derrickson would have stayed on. Maybe in another universe, he did. :)

LOVED it. Doesn't feel like it was made by AI like some of the other MCU entries lol. Raimi is all over this movie! Its a deliciously old school rompy, witchy, colorful dose of horror fantasy adventure! Great use of 3D too.
I had no idea Scarlet Witch was going to be the villain so that was a surprise. She was as witchy as anything in Oz Great and Powerful!

Last edited:
Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
Just got back from seeing it. I have a lot of thoughts and still processing it. A few things annoyed me, a lot of things were epic. It certainly sticks out as a Raimi film though. He did well. Certainly the most horror and creepy the MCU has been

Also agree with @tommyh84 and @kaw on most points too

Some of my spoilery thoughts

I’ll be honest I wasn’t expecting Wanda to be the villain straight away and also assumed she was going to progress to that throughout the film so they can use her in the future too. I also don’t think she’s dead. You see that red spark as the building falls. No way she’s dead. Otherwise she got done dirty. I just felt her being the villain from the get go writes off the end of Wanda vision.

I am happy we see her bewitching and creating hexes again though. The scene with the illuminati was incredible. The way she does Richards, black bolt and Xavier was fantastic. I don’t get how variant captain marvel died but still was a great scene. I can’t believe we finally got krasinski as Richards! But does that mean he’s cast as him going forward considering FF goes into filming soon once they find a new director. Man I hope he’s in FF

The only other thing that really bugged me was we don’t see enough of the multiverses. Yeah that one scene was epic but still it wasn’t enough. I was hoping there was going to be a scene of them
Going in and out of them at the end but nothing. Bit annoyed about that.

So the ending, does that mean that our dr strange is the same as evil dr strange and because he used the darkhold he now has a third eye like the evil one? But he’s our normal strange. Or is he now sinister?

And was Charlie Theron another X men? Either Psylocke or Rasputin/ Magik? Makes sense to me to have another X men from Xavier

And I also was really expecting to see Blade and deadpool if im honest. Blade should of been instead of black bolt (although his death was great) and deadpool in the final end credit scene.

Other than that was enjoyable

Ok I had to look this up

So the third eye is because he used the darkhold. It’s a result of that (just like Dark strange)

And Charlize is called Clea. I don’t know much about the dr strange world so I just assumed it was a older Psylocke or Magik.

B99E54D6-8211-48BF-9C24-2A7AE3D45B8F.jpeg

Interesting that there hasn't been even one single steelbook announced and the film is out.
It’s all changed now. It will be announced within the next month. It’s now a 3 month turn around from cinema to home release. The last 3 (BW, SC & eternals) were announced about a month or so after cinema release. Spidey was different because it’s Sony/ MCU and Sony arrange the home releases.

It’s all changed now. It will be announced within the next month. It’s now a 3 month turn around from cinema to home release. The last 3 (BW, SC & eternals) were announced about a month or so after cinema release. Spidey was different because it’s Sony/ MCU and Sony arrange the home releases.

Thanks for the info sir! :thumbs:

Reactions: Flloydo
First 40 minutes were bad, too much cartoony CGI with a stolen from DC's The Suicide Squad Eye monster.
They could've had real stuntmen swing on a rope, and superimpose them into CGI, but nooo, they'll 'do everything in post', they're too cool and can do anything and everything now, but CGI characters look worse, than plastic Neo in the Matrix sequels. Even ragdoll physics in 10+ year old GTA 5 look better.

Once we're past all the artificially stuffed in 'diversity' and 'wokeness', some good scenes begin. First of all more Rachel McAdams, whom I love, but haven't seen lately in new movies.
Then a bunch of awesome cameos, finally linking TWO other franchises (and a series).
Thirdly Sam Raimi gets to play with the [evil] dead, and lovely Scarlett Witch gets to kill a bunch of pompous 'heroes', as much as that's possible in a real Evil Disney controlled children's movie.

The MacGuffin in this movie is a 'diverse' human, played by an actress with an unreadable name (if there was ever a reason for a 'stage name'...), while her character is called... America. I couldn't stop myself from thinking, every time they asked if America was OK, such 'political' thoughts about proper elections for it to be OK again, that would get deleted on this forum.

Also, if there's so many people dying every dann second only on this one planet, in this one universe, couldn't they give that walking macguffin to poor sad Scarlet Witch, as she asked for? They still came to the same resolution, where she had to realize herself, so the whole conflict is created out of thin air.
Did they hire the same stupid writers, that turned Strand in Fear the Walking Dead into a 'villain', or were they just so emotionally violated repeatedly by Disney execs, that all they could manage, is put in policemen in head turbans in the background?

Last edited:
First 40 minutes were bad, too much cartoony CGI with a stolen from DC's The Suicide Squad Eye monster.
They could've had real stuntmen swing on a rope, and superimpose them into CGI, but nooo, they'll 'do everything in post', they're too cool and can do anything and everything now, but CGI characters look worse, than plastic Neo in the Matrix sequels. Even ragdoll physics in 10+ year old GTA 5 look better.

Once we're past all the artificially stuffed in 'diversity' and 'wokeness', some good scenes begin. First of all more Rachel McAdams, whom I love, but haven't seen lately in new movies.
Then a bunch of awesome cameos, finally linking TWO other franchises (and a series).
Thirdly Sam Raimi gets to play with the [evil] dead, and lovely Scarlett Witch gets to kill a bunch of pompous 'heroes', as much as that's possible in a real Evil Disney controlled children's movie.

The MacGuffin in this movie is a 'diverse' human, played by an actress with an unreadable name (if there was ever a reason for a 'stage name'...), while her character is called... America. I couldn't stop myself from thinking, every time they asked if America was OK, such 'political' thoughts about proper elections for it to be OK again, that would get deleted on this forum.

Also, if there's so many people dying every dann second only on this one planet, in this one universe, couldn't they give that walking macguffin to poor sad Scarlet Witch, as she asked for? They still came to the same resolution, where she had to realize herself, so the whole conflict is created out of thin air.
Did they hire the same stupid writers, that turned Strand in Fear the Walking Dead into a 'villain', or were they just so emotionally violated repeatedly by Disney execs, that all they could manage, is put in policemen in head turbans in the background?

Agree. Plus totally useless child hero dragging along most of the film, voila saves the day in the end. Called America !

Reactions: Lenny Nero