Release date: April 19, 2021
Purchase links: Zavvi - Amazon UK - HMV
Price: £27.99

12913580-2064845638830419.jpg
12913580-1974845638971635.jpg
12913580-1814845639033060.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Blazerfires
If they used the right logos for the right eras, there wouldn't be a problem and they wouldn't have to worry about the right logos
Agreed - that would definitely have been the better approach. But in the absence of that, then the next best thing is to at least be consistent with whichever logo is chosen.

In the days of the original VHS releases, they chose to go with the classic 'diamond' logo introduced for Jon Pertwee's final season and used throughout most of Tom Baker's era. They kept that on all of the releases regardless of which era the stories were from until, unfortunately, they decided to go the the 1996 TV Movie logo for all subsequent releases after that was aired.

Amazon just delivered mine, no damage thankfully. Looks nice, just like all the others in the series

View attachment 503677
Mine's just arrived from Amazon too - all safe and sound (despite dropping heavily on the doormat in just a cardboard mailer!) :ohno:

Adding it to the collection on the shelf and I have just realised that I now own 22 DW Steels! o_O

Last edited:
My copy also arrived today. I like it but its just not a patch on the earlier steels.

22 DW steels? That has to be close to nearly all of them. :thumbs:
I believe it is all of them unless I have missed one somewhere... :whistle:

12 x Series of Nu Who
2 x Specials (The Specials + 50th Anniversary Specials)
2 x 60s Dalek Movies
Power of The Daleks
Macra Terror
Faceless Ones
Fury From The Deep
Spearhead From Space
Shada

+ Web of Fear on pre-order...

Reactions: thearrowmaker
Agreed - that would definitely have been the better approach. But in the absence of that, then the next best thing is to at least be consistent with whichever logo is chosen.

In the days of the original VHS releases, they chose to go with the classic 'diamond' logo introduced for Jon Pertwee's final season and used throughout most of Tom Baker's era. They kept that on all of the releases regardless of which era the stories were from until, unfortunately, they decided to go the the 1996 TV Movie logo for all subsequent releases after that was aired.
It's not rocket science. If an era has a particular logo use it. Seriously is it that difficult to stick the correct logo on a box.

Something about this Steelbook looks... flat. Maybe it’s the composition? I don’t know. The last few Steelbooks had some sort of kinetic energy or movement or scale to them. This just looks like a promotional shoot. There’s no energy.