Navan/Ireland
Release date: August 22, 2022
Purchase links: Second Sight Films - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £39.99
Notes: 4K UHD Disc Region Free - Blu-ray Disc Region B Locked

FQ9XJA_XEAA2fBb.jpg

118624165_1921480611319696_9144260590218344996_o.jpg

Special Features

• A new 4K restoration from the Original Camera Negative approved by Director Neil Marshall and Director of Photography Sam McCurdy
  • Features 4K UHD and Blu-ray with bonus features on both formats
  • 4K UHD presented in Dolby Vision HDR
  • Archive audio commentary by Director Neil Marshall
  • Archive audio commentary by Neil Marshall, Sam McCurdy, producer Keith Bell and actors Sean Pertwee, Kevin McKidd and Liam Cunningham
  • New audio commentary by writer and Associate Professor of Film Alison Peirse
  • Werewolves, Crawlers, Cannibals and More: a new 40-minute interview with Neil Marshall
  • A History of Lycanthropy: author Gavin Baddeley on Werewolf Cinema
  • Werewolves, Folklore and Cinema: a video essay by author Mikel J. Koven
  • Werewolves vs Soldiers: The Making of Dog Soldiers with Neil Marshall, Producers Christopher Figg and Keith Bell, Actors Sean Pertwee, Kevin McKidd, Darren Morfitt, Leslie Simpson and Emma Cleasby, Special Effects Artist Bob Keen and more!
  • A Cottage in the Woods: an interview with Production Designer Simon Bowles
  • Combat: a short film by Neil Marshall
  • Deleted Scenes and Gag Reel with optional commentary by Neil Marshall
  • Trailers and Photo Gallery
  • Optional English subtitles for the hearing impaired
Limited Edition Contents

• Rigid slipcase with new artwork by Chris Malbon
  • 108 page book with new essays by Craig Ian Mann, Alison Peirse, Zoë Rose Smith, Anya Stanley, exclusive interview with Neil Marshall by Matthew Thrift, plus Behind the Scenes photos
  • 6 collectors' art cards
Catalogue number: 2NDBR4156

Certificate: 15

Region: 4K UHD Region Free / Blu-ray Region B

Last edited:
I'm not sure. But Neil Marshall posted on his Instagram a few weeks ago that he was working on a new 4K transfer.
Neil Marshall in my opinion is a legend. It’s just a massive shame that he doesn’t get the recognition he deserves. I know it seems that Doomsday was what caused his career to flop a bit ( Christ knows why, I thought it was quite good, not great but it was miles better than a lot of crap out there) but his lack of regular work really baffles me. He was due to make a movie about Dracula’s voyage across the sea to London but it’s never happened. I guarantee it would of been good with him behind it.
Fingers crossed someone does a The Descent special edition soon also.

Neil Marshall in my opinion is a legend. It’s just a massive shame that he doesn’t get the recognition he deserves. I know it seems that Doomsday was what caused his career to flop a bit ( Christ knows why, I thought it was quite good, not great but it was miles better than a lot of crap out there) but his lack of regular work really baffles me. He was due to make a movie about Dracula’s voyage across the sea to London but it’s never happened. I guarantee it would of been good with him behind it.
Fingers crossed someone does a The Descent special edition soon also.

Every copy I ever owned of Dog soldiers was crap including the Digibook 4k transfer (very weak transfer IMO)
I do hope for a Doomsday 4K premium or 4K digibook release I enjoyed that film alot but I am not getting my hopes up...

Viper_%28Doomsday%29.jpg

Every copy I ever owned of Dog soldiers was crap including the Digibook 4k transfer (very weak transfer IMO)
I do hope for a Doomsday 4K premium or 4K digibook release I enjoyed that film alot but I am not getting my hopes up...

View attachment 483470
Exactly the reason I’ve never bought an import of any of Dog Soldiers, I’ve heard the dvd was better than the Blu which is saying something as the dvd quality is awful. Still got it though. Fingers crossed it’s a good un

Reactions: Billy Talent

you got that right. Was so annoyed at the dire state of that 4k german pressing.

Reactions: Billy Talent
Only just recently picked up the German mediabook release, so this will have to be a pretty impressive release for me to double-dip so soon. Hopefully they can at least improve the quality!

Get selling that German Mediabook second sight will do a good edition

Who'd buy it?. It's a rubbish pressing. If it had been a good pressing yes but I'm stuck with a lemon. It's not like Rollerball which now goes for silly money.

I can’t wait for the reveal for this and I want to read in the description “Brand new 4K scan supervised by Neil Marshall “