Navan/Ireland
Release date: August 22, 2022
Purchase links: Second Sight Films - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £39.99
Notes: 4K UHD Disc Region Free - Blu-ray Disc Region B Locked

FQ9XJA_XEAA2fBb.jpg

118624165_1921480611319696_9144260590218344996_o.jpg

Special Features

• A new 4K restoration from the Original Camera Negative approved by Director Neil Marshall and Director of Photography Sam McCurdy
  • Features 4K UHD and Blu-ray with bonus features on both formats
  • 4K UHD presented in Dolby Vision HDR
  • Archive audio commentary by Director Neil Marshall
  • Archive audio commentary by Neil Marshall, Sam McCurdy, producer Keith Bell and actors Sean Pertwee, Kevin McKidd and Liam Cunningham
  • New audio commentary by writer and Associate Professor of Film Alison Peirse
  • Werewolves, Crawlers, Cannibals and More: a new 40-minute interview with Neil Marshall
  • A History of Lycanthropy: author Gavin Baddeley on Werewolf Cinema
  • Werewolves, Folklore and Cinema: a video essay by author Mikel J. Koven
  • Werewolves vs Soldiers: The Making of Dog Soldiers with Neil Marshall, Producers Christopher Figg and Keith Bell, Actors Sean Pertwee, Kevin McKidd, Darren Morfitt, Leslie Simpson and Emma Cleasby, Special Effects Artist Bob Keen and more!
  • A Cottage in the Woods: an interview with Production Designer Simon Bowles
  • Combat: a short film by Neil Marshall
  • Deleted Scenes and Gag Reel with optional commentary by Neil Marshall
  • Trailers and Photo Gallery
  • Optional English subtitles for the hearing impaired
Limited Edition Contents

• Rigid slipcase with new artwork by Chris Malbon
  • 108 page book with new essays by Craig Ian Mann, Alison Peirse, Zoë Rose Smith, Anya Stanley, exclusive interview with Neil Marshall by Matthew Thrift, plus Behind the Scenes photos
  • 6 collectors' art cards
Catalogue number: 2NDBR4156

Certificate: 15

Region: 4K UHD Region Free / Blu-ray Region B

Last edited:
Well at least we know it's still happening :thumbs: That's good enough news for me :D

Reactions: spass
I rewatched this last week for the first time in over 10 years. I think it still holds up. I'll be keeping my eye out for this edition.
The Descent is still my favourite of his movies by far, hoping for a similar release of that in the future
descent was probably my best cinema experience ever... truly horrifying, didnt know what to expect of that film at all and it totally caught my offguard

I thought this was already released on digital platforms since last Oct 12th? So I take it that's been delayed also if they've not even restored it yet? I though the delay was for the physical media side of it......?

Saw your post before anything else whilst scrolling down and my heart skipped a beat!
Thought they cancelled it or something :dizzy:

I'm being negative here now, I bet it's gonna end up looking like dvd no matter how long they restore it ... :coffee::naughty:

I hope not, but not getting my hopes up I have been dissapointed in every single dog soldiers release so far.
Second Sight is really good though I hope they can make it look decent, they put alot of effort into their releases.

• Haha
Reactions: BluSteel2012
Yes a limited edition as shown and a 4k
@Glen C
You are replying to a post from 2020 when it was just a 4K remaster scan transfer been released on Blu-ray

In Febuary 2021 second sight then decided to use that 4K scan remaster transfer for a 4K UHD release as well as using it for a Blu-ray release

The thread has been updated since Febuary 2021 to list it's a 4K UHD and Blu-ray release
The posts on the thread since Febuary 2021 members have already known it's a 4K UHD and Blu-ray release