Ur mum
Release date: December 5, 2022
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £29.99

Screenshot 2022-11-03 at 22.34.48.png
Screenshot 2022-11-03 at 22.35.10.png
C860031F-6105-42EE-8FC5-2231CF25DBB4.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Errrm, it's kinda like an episode of black mirror, mixed with stepford wifes and a dash of truman show. It works well, but it's not reinventing the wheel or as good as it's comparables.
Bang on with those 3. But black mirror one episode in particular

Plus I would add : Lynch lite feel to it at times, as well as Twin Peaks.
It has a broad lynch feel to it, but it is considerably more simplistic and coherent. Which will either increase or decrease your enjoyment, dependent on taste.

Twin peaks is just a baffling mess to me personally, as are most of lynch's works. I'm not stupid, I get what he's doing, but it's so incoherent most of the time I can't enjoy it.

I think Mulholland Drive is probably the only exception, as the film held me throughout, despite the incoherence. Wild at heart is good too, buts much more straightforward.

Didn't get any Lynchian vibes from this at all.

Felt more like another "let's think of a giant twist that no one will ever guess but everyone will definitely guess" middle of the road M. Night Shyamalan movie. The twist was pretty predictable and the whole central conceit has been done a hundred times before both on film and TV - (Black Mirror, The Outer Limits, The Twilight Zone, Millennium, even the X-Files to some extent) - If it wasn't for a fantastic performance by Florence Pugh, I'd have given up and drowned in my M & Ms.

Harry Styles - now, that guy needs to have a word to an acting coach and learn more than 1. Memorise script at home. 2. Say script out loud on set.
Dull, dull, dull performance only highlighting the absolute epicness of a gulf in acting talent between him and Florence Pugh.

Oh, Cinematography and production design were nice and Chris Pine is always a good watch. He plays creepy quite well.

Won't be watching again.

Buy, Rent, Bin? Rent it first for sure. Don't blind buy.

Steelbook cover was a good choice though.

The clips, memes, rumor and spin on social media leading up to the release was infinitly better :LOL:

Last edited:
Black Mirror, The Outer Limits, The Twilight Zone
Fair enough. But keep in mind that not all of us has seen shows like Black Mirror, The Outer Limits. Yes, they haven't run in every country. The Twilight Zone years and years and years ago some seasons. No other recollection. Would surely like to see Black Mirror - heard good things.

Fair enough. But keep in mind that not all of us has seen shows like Black Mirror, The Outer Limits. Yes, they haven't run in every country. The Twilight Zone years and years and years ago some seasons. No other recollection. Would surely like to see Black Mirror - heard good things.
If you liked this then I'm sure you'd seriously love the Black Mirror series.
If you don't mind anthologies. Kind of refreshing to have each episode it's own.
The first season is okay, but then it gets brilliant from then on.
Wonder if we'll get any more soon?

If you liked this then I'm sure you'd seriously love the Black Mirror series.
If you don't mind anthologies. Kind of refreshing to have each episode it's own.
The first season is okay, but then it gets brilliant from then on.
Wonder if we'll get any more soon?

I really wanted to like this film, and thought that it was well-acted (I actually didn't think Styles was that bad, just miscast) and the production design was excellent. I think the problem was that it was massively predictable, which wouldn't have been bad necessarily, but it didn't have anything new to say that hasn't been said better elsewhere. DWD could have been such a cool film but it didn't go far enough or do anything cool with its premise, nor did it seem well thought-out; it was just a bit of a mess of ideas behind a shiny surface, and that's fine, but I don't think it's worth revisiting any time soon.

Nice steel though.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Same. Klarna authorised payment yesterday. I'm actually surprised cos I had actually ordered this when it got announced. But had since put Klarna on a payment holiday. I'm shocked this still went through.
I actually meant to cancel mine after seeing the streaky matte German steel... can't see this selling out any time soon and I expect it to be in a future sale.

I actually meant to cancel mine after seeing the streaky matte German steel... can't see this selling out any time soon and I expect it to be in a future sale.
I hadn't even heard about it until I saw this thread. It sounded interesting so I thought why not.