Ur mum
Release date: December 5, 2022
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £29.99

Screenshot 2022-11-03 at 22.34.48.png
Screenshot 2022-11-03 at 22.35.10.png
C860031F-6105-42EE-8FC5-2231CF25DBB4.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with the Gen Z comment. It’s a movie that uses (I want to say borrows) some well established ideas, and creates a pretty mediocre movie from them. It isn’t engaging or clever enough to mask the plot holes, so that, if you bothered to discuss it after watching, you’re left will all kinds of ‘how the ****’ questions.

But having lived in Palm Springs I do have a nostalgic ache for the beauty of the desert and those fabulous homes and cars.

Anyone else’s tracking not updated since Friday when it was ‘dispatched’?

Anyone else’s tracking not updated since Friday when it was ‘dispatched’?
Mine had tracking on Friday and arrived yesterday. But the tracking didn't change until Monday at all. Same for my Croupier, which had tracking on Thursday and didn't change until yesterday evening. I think they are just really backed up with the strikes again.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Flloydo
Tracking says reached my local delivery office an hour ago so won’t be delivered until Saturday now as there’s strikes tomorrow
Oh man that sucks. Like when you have 48 hour tracking on something it should absolutely not take more than a week to arrive.

Tracking says reached my local delivery office an hour ago so won’t be delivered until Saturday now as there’s strikes tomorrow
Mine arrived this morning. But yeah, that's crap! Not that you're missing much though... poor steel unfortunately.

Reactions: JinxyKatte
Mine arrived this morning. But yeah, that's crap! Not that you're missing much though... poor steel unfortunately.
Agreed, although every HMV exclusive I have had has been the same. Flat matte, and meh. I still haven't gotten around to watching it, I have a massive backlog of movies atm. I hope it was worth 30 quid lol.

Agreed, although every HMV exclusive I have had has been the same. Flat matte, and meh. I still haven't gotten around to watching it, I have a massive backlog of movies atm. I hope it was worth 30 quid lol.
Yeah, it's WB, so no surprises with the finish really. As for the film, I loved it, so obviously worth it for me. Gone are my days of blind-buying though. Hopefully you enjoy it!

Yeah, it's WB, so no surprises with the finish really. As for the film, I loved it, so obviously worth it for me. Gone are my days of blind-buying though. Hopefully you enjoy it!
The concept sounds like the kind of movie I go for actually. So I am hopeful inspite of the mediocre score it has. But honestly I don't put a lot of stock in meta scores anyway.

Reactions: Noodles