paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: May 25, 2023
Purchase link: Amazon DE - Plaion Pictures
Price: €62.99 (Amazon) - €49.99 (Plaion Pictures)

81pELE29cUL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Mararagan
Bonus Disc 1 - Theatrical Version
  • Audio commentary by Richard Kelly and Jake Gyllenhaal
  • Audio commentary by Richard Kelly, Sean McKittrick, Drew Barrymore, Jena Malone, Beth Grant, and more
  • Documentary "Deus ex Machina: The Philosophy of Donnie Darko"
  • Short film "The Goodbye Place" by Richard Kelly
  • Deleted and alternate scenes with optional audio commentary by Richard Kelly
  • Trailers

Bonus Disc 2 - Director's Cut
  • Audio commentary by Richard Kelly and filmmaker Kevin Smith
  • Documentary "The Donnie Darko Production Diary" with optional audio commentary by cinematographer Steven Poster
  • Archive interviews with Richard Kelly, Jake Gyllenhaal, Jena Malone, Drew Barrymore, James Duval, Maggie Gyllenhaal, and many more
  • Featurettes: "They Made Me Do It", "They Made Me Do It Too" and "#1 Fan: A Dark Commentary"
  • Storyboard/Movie comparison
  • Behind the Scenes / B-Roll Footage
  • Cunning Visions Infomercials
  • Music video: "Mad World" by Gary Jules

Collector's Edition goodies
  • 48 page booklet
  • 3 cinema posters
  • fridge magnet
  • 3 drawings
  • 2 tattoos
  • 5 postcards
  • Digipak with 4 discs
81pELE29cUL._SL1500_.jpg91uTuiiClJL._SL1500_.jpg71CqQ4cm3lL._SL1500_.jpg 71jraXJ+CfL._SL1500_.jpg 711M5fE8V4L._SL1500_.jpg 71+xeLQ8hoL._SL1500_.jpg 715gxXUa5TL._SL1500_.jpg

Another Donnie Darko boxset. I don't know, still content with that 2016 black Arrow boxset - it has better artcards, nice separate digipacks for each cut, and I'd like to ignore the DC in this case, and a hardcover booklet, in English. And I bought it for £20.
Here everything looks uglier, except for the digipack, and the booklet will be in German.

Oh man, I remember some years ago we were practically begging for some sort of special DD release... now we're spoiled for choice!