Sep 5, 2012
Norway
Release date: November 13, 2019
Purchase link: Amazon FR
Price: €49.99

71cmxM2ua4L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

61VdlZeIn+L._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
French do these cool sets, but unfortunately no Eng subs ... so pass.
Have you seen anywhere explicitly said "French subtitles only"?
I'm asking because I have many French editions and (almost) all of them have English subtitles.
For example this one which I got without checking it well, it has even the title embossed on the SteelBook in French,
but I think has English subtitles (I can check if you want in the evening when I get home).

Have you seen anywhere explicitly said "French subtitles only"?
I'm asking because I have many French editions and (almost) all of them have English subtitles.
For example this one which I got without checking it well, it has even the title embossed on the SteelBook in French,
but I think has English subtitles (I can check if you want in the evening when I get home).

owning myself quite some French editions I would say that most french editions don't have english subs (and certainly goes for the special limited editions) judging by the description "insaisissbables" has no english subs either.
Now @Space Cadet what is your mother tongue ? since the movie has english track and yet you are looking fro english subs ?

These editions by Carlotta have been really nice, but this one not so much unfortunately. Artwork is... lacking.

@Felix_ro I always check few sites about subs of releases I'm interested in, so I think I'm pretty well informed ... with out bragging. :D

@Jocelin My mother tongue is Finnish. My English is pretty good, but subs help at times ... It's a bit hard to explain ... they're like training wheels even one don't need them any more.

owning myself quite some French editions I would say that most french editions don't have english subs (and certainly goes for the special limited editions) judging by the description "insaisissbables" has no english subs either.
Now @Space Cadet what is your mother tongue ? since the movie has english track and yet you are looking fro english subs ?
@Felix_ro I always check few sites about subs of releases I'm interested in, so I think I'm pretty well informed ... with out bragging. :D

@Jocelin My mother tongue is Finnish. My English is pretty good, but subs help at times ... It's a bit hard to explain ... they're like training wheels even one don't need them any more.

@Jocelin sure, I got that the name "insaisissbables" is in French, but when I've purchased the SteelBook I was hoping that actually the picture I saw was just a "placeholder", and that I will get it in English. Also checked the disk last night and indeed there's no English subtitle, just french (also the disk starts automatically with a "nasty" [because you cannot skip-it] presentation written and spoken in french, for the hard to hear and see people, and then jumps to the movie directly, with french [of course] soundtrack default; I've never saw anything like this before).

@Space Cadet was not in my intention to say you're not reading the details, just that sometimes (less-and-less), the info is not entirely correct; but if you did extended research, then, for sure you know best.

About the Amazon France and french SteelBooks (or movies released there), for sure since those purchases mentioned above, I've had my end with them all, and don't even go to the site [delete all saved and lists & logged off], and I said I'll never purchase from them again, despite clearly there where some beautiful and exclusives well worth to have (there were no undamaged SteelBook in my last 5-6 orders from them, and the nicer they were, the worst I felt receiving them with damages and then to wait another 2-3 weeks for the replacement + bothering with the returns which from Romania is quite troublesome to send back).

@Felix_ro Sad to hear from your experiences.

...and I did not mean I'm any kind of expert, just years of steelbook collecting. I know "normal" steels usually have multiple subs. But other special editions not necessary.

Reactions: Felix_ro
Would love to start collecting these editions, but I have a feeling they're fairly big and would therefore be awkward for me to store/display.

By the way... if this is #14 and Christine is #13, then what are the previous 12?

Isn't every true premium release ? :rofl:

Google and Amazon. France is your friend if you want to look more.

I would love to have some of these, but they do not have English subs ... darn.

Isn't every true premium release ? :rofl:

Google and Amazon. France is your friend if you want to look more.

I would love to have some of these, but they do not have English subs ... darn.
Sorry, I meant long rather than big. I just realised you can stand them upright/vertically like a "normal" edition though, so storing them should be OK.

Haha yeah, I did literally that just seconds after asking (I updated my post with the link). :thumbs:

Some real gems in this collection! Quite a few I've been wanting to check out for a while as well... very tempted to pick them up, but they're quite expensive unfortunately.

You get a sense of scale with the images from the Christine release (see below)
Agreed, I find this artwork stunning. The main USP though, is the book, which I'm guessing is in French, which so far, has held me back.

View attachment 447925
justed watched an unboxing on youtube, edition looks really nice but yes, the text in the book is in french :(

• Helpful Post
Reactions: kaw and Scraggy
Reactions: kaw and Scraggy