Horror Chat Don't like the gore?

Ricker

Special Projects
Premium Supporter
Aug 24, 2011
Buxton Maine
But you want something scary to watch for this Halloween? What are some of your favorite Thrillers?

11191024_ori.jpg
download (1).jpg
download.jpg
MB.jpg
MPW-36658-219x315.jpeg

Heavenly creatures is such an awesome but sadly under appreciated film.

Agreed! The acting is amazing, and I saw a documentary on Frances Walsh and she stated that the film was a vision exactly as she saw it in her head when she committed the terrible crime.

Can't enjoy heavy gore since I see the real deal every day at work :stop: so I love me a good horror thriller or suspense.

Some days ago I rewatched Les Diaboliques from 1955. A brilliant black and white psychological thriller. This is a 10/10 movie!
And please please please don't watch the american remake :facepalm: it's worth reading the subtitles of the French masterpiece :thumbs:

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Ricker
Misery , the setting and hunhinged performance from Kathy Bates . James Cann from ultra mans man to helpless wrech .

Jaws , over 40 years old and still has you curling your toes .

Se7en , hide behind the sofa time a flim flipping the whole I can see where you are coming from .

The Possession , I have never ever bought an old wooden box since if only we can find a movie with the same effect for Rucksacks .

The Legend Of Hell House 1973 , one of my 1st introductions to Horror I LOVED IT .

IN your head horror even though it has Gore for total Paranoia The Thing has to get a mention .

I agree with @Scary Hair, Legend of Hell House is a great movie! The Haunting (The Original), The Babadook, The Conjuring. Insidious 1 and 2 also have very little gore. It's more about the atmosphere and making you jump! It Follows is also definatly worth a watch!

I agree with @Scary Hair, Legend of Hell House is a great movie! The Haunting (The Original), The Babadook, The Conjuring. Insidious 1 and 2 also have very little gore. It's more about the atmosphere and making you jump! It Follows is also definatly worth a watch!

Incidious it's the music , the timings is first rate it uses old school tricks that cause the atmosphere .

Nightbreed that is a stand out , hanging in for a U.K relise of the Theatrical and Cabal Cut .

Reactions: Sigill
Don't usually watch a lot of thrillers, can handle the usual amount of gore that horror movies like to through in (haven't watched Hostel or any thing like that yet, so not sure if I can handle it).

Anyway's, liked the movie A Perfect Getaway. Great thriller to watch once in a while. Frailty is another good one that was mentioned. Also enjoyed The Haunting in Connecticut , haven't seen the second one yet, but first one is good.