Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
4.25 star(s) Rating: 4.25/5 4 Votes
Title: Don't Look Up

Genre: Comedy

Director: Adam McKay

Cast: Leonardo DiCaprio, Jennifer Lawrence, Meryl Streep, Cate Blanchett, Timothée Chalamet, Jonah Hill, Ariana Grande, Himesh Patel, Ron Perlman, Mark Rylance, Tyler Perry, Rob Morgan, Kid Cudi, Tomer Sisley, Melanie Lynskey, Ashleigh Banfield, Michael Chiklis, Gina Gershon, Paul Guilfoyle, Meghan Leathers, Ross Partridge, Frank Ridley, Tamara Hickey, Matthew Perry

Release: 2021-12-10

Runtime: 145

Plot: Two low-level astronomers, upon discovering that a meteor will strike the Earth in six months, go on a media tour to try to warn the world but find an unreceptive and unbelieving populace.

What's up with the forum, for a second night (day in US) in a row it's been down...

Well, this movie will offend practically everyone, and I think it's awesome.
From the egotistical, chain-smoking Hillary Clinton-like woman president, to the obvious Trump parody of employing her son in the White House, and the redneck, gun-toting supporting her crowd.
From the ridiculous morning news programs, that make everything into a meaningless show, to its stupid social-media burried viewers.
From the dumb popstars being given more attention and importance, than impending doom world problems, to lies and propaganda everywhere.
It also obviously makes fun of COVID non-believers, which shouldn't be mistaken with anti-vaccination and anti-government protesters, as well as irritatingly shows that all other countries combined fail to even launch a rocket into space, showing an explosion in Russia, while in reality US had no government launches for a decade, relying on precisely Russian built rockets to get to and from the International Space Station, as well as, most recently, the private sector, such as SpaceX.
Anyway, as I've said, it offends everyone, whether intentionally or not, and I didn't mention the half of it, thus I don't think it'll be very successful or much loved. I do recommend it, though, exactly because of that.

For some reason I did not recognize Cate Blanchett here at all, thinking who's that sexy actress, only realizing it was her upon reading the end credits, but she was great, as was DiCaprio. The cast is excellent overall, but some are just cameos, like Chris Evans and Michael Chiklis, and I haven't even seen Matthew Perry or Gina Gershon in it, but then again, I haven't recognized Cate Blanchett, so whatever.

Can't have too many apocalyptic black comedies!

Also thought it was brilliant :LOL:
Unfortunately it's definitely the world we live in now :wow:

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
Watched ot last night and loved it,literally holding a mirror up to the world we live in today.

Also thought it was brilliant :LOL:
Unfortunately it's definitely the world we live in now :wow:

See I too liked the idea but I found the execution to end up being a bit boring. A bit of a missed opportunity especially with the cast the film has

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database