Don't Torture a Duckling (Special Leatherbook Edition) [Germany]

Manqu

Premium Supporter
Oct 29, 2014
DONT TORTURE A DUCKLING (CD+2DVD+Blu-Ray) (4Discs)
84 Entertainment

Limited to 1250 units
Release November 20th , 2015
Price 109,00€

http://shop.dtm.at
http://bmv-medien.de/

Made of real wood with wooden drawer and brass handle, with genuine leather, gravure and gold stamping
23cm x 18cm x 5cm

Including a Gold embossed Digipack in a Leather foil

Soundtrack CD
Booklet 84 pages
Certificate
Poster
3 Postcards
and 1 Surprise ???

Audio:
German Dolby Digital 2.0
German DTS HD 2.0
English Dolby Digital 2.0
English DTS HD 1.0
Italian Dolby Digital 2.0
Italian DTS HD 1.0

Subs : German

dont-torture-a-duckling-blu-ray-.jpg

dont-torture-a-duckling-blu-ray- (2).jpg

Last edited:
The Story:
In a southern Italian village happened a series of terrible murders on little boys. A media hysteria sets in, the overburdened village police and an angry mob caught the attention of reporter Andrea Martelli from Rome to the place.

This is maybe the smartest work from Lucio Fulci in the early 70s, with classic character actors in an archaic village population :thumbs:

Last edited:
seriously?

the price is insane. it would be justified maybe for a limited run of 125 copies. but i wonder, 1250 of these, who's gonnna buy it for that price??

Yeah I know , but this is how 84´ Entertainment goes. I only meant, if Amazon gets, then it will be probably more expensive.

Yeah I know , but this is how 84´ Entertainment goes. I only meant, if Amazon gets, then it will be probably more expensive.

don't get me wrong, i'm a big fan of special, limited and nice looking movie packaging, which happens to be often much more expensive than going the "standard" route.
but '84 entertainment go too far with that price tag imo.
and there is a lot of discussions over exactly that in another genre-specific german forum at the moment incl. a poll,
these is the current standing (question is: will you buy this at that price?)
1.NO
2. MAYBE
3. YES

84.jpg

i just wonder, to whom are they gonna sell 1250 copies with that price?
that seems nearly impossible. it should be a limited run of 125 copies, but 1250 is WAY too many.

don't get me wrong, i'm a big fan of special, limited and nice looking movie packaging, which happens to be often much more expensive than going the "standard" route.
and there is a lot of discussions over exactly that in another genre-specific german forum at the moment incl. a poll,
1.NO
2. MAYBE
3. YES

View attachment 191429

that seems nearly impossible. it should be a limited run of 125 copies, but 1250 is WAY too many.

You´re completely right about the print run. But at the end of the day no one must buy it

Last edited:
This has got to go down as one of the most overpriced and overreaching editions ever! The price, plus an insane print run. They are gonna really lose money on this one. What are they thinking?!!
This isn't SUSPIRIA!

Reactions: severo
1.NO
2. MAYBE
3. YES

View attachment 191429

I agree , this is one of Fulci's cult
Made of real wood with wooden drawer and brass handle, with genuine leather, gravure and gold stamping etc , has it hand made one x one copies ? I don't believe it
I'd like this and hope for decrease price but knowing the label I think not

Hey guys, I only share the pics & information about these releases with you´ll
Don´t blame me if you don´t like it or don´t agree with .... ( sorry but it sounds like)

To be honest, I don´t care much about low or high limited editions. Me personally, it revolves around the film itself, and if I have the chance to choose what kind of edition I prefer, I´ll try to get the better one ,only if the film deserves it.

There are a lot of people out there who are interested, I´m not so, be my guest.;)

This is an 84´ Entertainment first world-wide exclusive release. The whole process costs a lot of money and I understand why they elevated the limitation to 1200 units. It stands to reason, and at the same time, It dosen´t mean I have to buy it.
in the foreseeable future, there will be another release with just only the Mediabook itself , like the Hellraiser collection.

@bobino66 I don´t know nothing about T-shirts & Caps etc including , and the label isn´t sooo bad. You can´t compared against Arrow Video but they had good releases as well. ( next year maybe Friday the 13th 2 - 8 unrated, but it´s not sure till now) :)

Last edited: