Feb 18, 2016
Manchester, UK
Release date: August 6, 2018
Purchase link: Amazon DE
Price: €20.99
Notes: Wicked Metal Collection Nr. 1 Limited to 500

51KBM3pbAOL._SY445_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Worth getting as this is considered the best pressing of this film. Better than the UK or USA pressings. I have to admit the futurepaks I've been getting from Germany have been excellent and easily on a par with the best of steelbooks. While not from Germany the recent 4k Surpiria is a case in point.
And note it says No 1 on the top so more to follow?

• Thanks
Reactions: EvilThing
Worth getting as this is considered the best pressing of this film. Better than the UK or USA pressings. I have to admit the futurepaks I've been getting from Germany have been excellent and easily on a par with the best of steelbooks. While not from Germany the recent 4k Surpiria is a case in point.
The Brood is no.2 in the series :thumbs:

UK release is better it's uncut
UK Steelbook release if you got the replacement discs
If you missed on the replacement discs the amaray reissue is fixed version

German release is cut version and missing footage is only provided as an extra

According to the sites the German one picture quality wise is superior to the UK pressing even though the UK one is supposed to have been taken from a new 4k scan. The cut from what I can gather is an audio glitch which was on the master supplied to both Germany and UK. The USA Olive pressing is certainly the weakest link of the 3 pressings in terms of picture quality. This is one pressing in which there is conflicting reviews on which is the best pressing. As Studio Canal have proven getting a new 4k scan done doesn't always mean a better encode and pressing. Purple Noon or The Man Who Fell To Earth anyone?

According to the sites the German one picture quality wise is superior to the UK pressing even though the UK one is supposed to have been taken from a new 4k scan. The cut from what I can gather is an audio glitch which was on the master supplied to both Germany and UK. The USA Olive pressing is certainly the weakest link of the 3 pressings in terms of picture quality. This is one pressing in which there is conflicting reviews on which is the best pressing. As Studio Canal have proven getting a new 4k scan done doesn't always mean a better encode and pressing. Purple Noon or The Man Who Fell To Earth anyone?
It's the same 4K scan remaster in both German and UK releases but Wicked-Vision Media messed up doing the encoding process on their release
German release is missing video footage at end of the film

UK release as long as you have the Amaray or replacement disc that was made available for the steelbook these has missing footage at end of the film and audio error fixed

I think I purchased it after the glitch was found. So basically they are releasing a flawed master again on the market without correcting it. Naughtly