Dr. Who and the Daleks (1965) (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date August 3rd, 2015
Purchase link: Dr. Who and the Daleks (live)
Price: £14.99
Notes: Limited to 2,000 copies.

11149767-2054311201769824.jpg

11149767-7354311201785463.jpg

Last edited:
I found watching parts of 'Invasion Earth' quite cathartic in the sense of it's childlike innocence, the new Dr Who stuff seems to be quite samey and not have the same touch. I might be getting this although like the previous release the price should be £17.99.

Am I the only one who thinks that this should have come first, before Daleks: Invasion Earth? Talk about doing things backwards! One does wonder why they couldn't have just been bundled together as a double feature SteelBook in the first place

Well, Aliens was released before Alien so it's not unheard of.

While the Alien movies are all released by Fox, it's certainly more common when different companies of individual installments of a franchise (with some parts not getting a steelbook at all).

As for bundling them together, well, there's more money to be made this way. Especially as people wont just want the second one on its own and expected the first to be released.

Am I the only one who thinks that this should have come first, before Daleks: Invasion Earth? Talk about doing things backwards! One does wonder why they couldn't have just been bundled together as a double feature SteelBook in the first place

. . . in the same way as that very smart slipcover Collector's Edition from two years ago . . .

This looks kind of retro and quite OK.