Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: TBA
Purchase links: TBA
Price: TBA

20200702_205305.jpg

2 versions will be in this pack... one with weird colours that director wanted to have and another one "normal"

2 versions will be in this pack... one with weird colours that director wanted to have and another one "normal"
The colour version is the original theatrical version this is new to UK release.

The director's cut is the desaturated version
The desaturated version is what previous home media releases used.

Same as scream factory release 2 versions
Scream factory did the restoration

Powerhouse release are using this new 4K Scan restoration of theatrical cut

Extras to be announced I expect there will be some new extras from Powerhouse compared to scream factory extras

Last edited:
Reactions: Grendel
I’m really frustrated to see that this’ still not announced by Powerhouse as of July. I just received an email regarding their October releases and thought for sure that they would announce this. I gotta feeling that it’s not coming out. Maybe they couldn’t find better prints to warrant a better release. I know that Shout! Factory did the best they could with what they had to work with. I see SF doing their own 4K release before Powerhouse does. I hope I’m wrong, but it’s been almost 3 and half years since it was quietly rumored. I guess it was just a rumor with no solid confirmation.

I posted a message on the Indicator Instagram post asking if there is any update and asked if the release still planned for a release

If I get a reply I will post details

I’m really frustrated to see that this’ still not announced by Powerhouse as of July. I just received an email regarding their October releases and thought for sure that they would announce this. I gotta feeling that it’s not coming out. Maybe they couldn’t find better prints to warrant a better release. I know that Shout! Factory did the best they could with what they had to work with. I see SF doing their own 4K release before Powerhouse does. I hope I’m wrong, but it’s been almost 3 and half years since it was quietly rumored. I guess it was just a rumor with no solid confirmation.

It wasn't a rumor, it was confirmed -- they put a Dracula postcard-type insert in some of their discs a couple of years ago which are meant to announce future releases. If they are still scrambling for elements or the release is DOA, that's another issue, but it WAS happening and definitely was not a rumor.