Drive (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 31) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: March 31, 2021
Purchase links: Full Slip - Single Lenti - Double Lenti - Box Set (Pre-order February 5 at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $41.99 (Full Slip) - $42.99 (Single Lenti) - $43.99 (Double Lenti) - $149.97 (Box Set)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Full Slip - Single Lenti - Double Lenti - Box Set
Note:
WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab x Rory Kurtz features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
One Click: Scorpion jacket design fabric cover with inner box. 600 sets, Numbered 1-600. (Limited to 1 copy per order).
Full Slip: Spot Glossy, Scratch Resistance Coating, Embossing, Foil. 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000. (Limited to 2 copies per order).
Lenticular Full Slip: 3D Lenticular, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Scratch Resistance Coating, Embossing. 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000. (Limited to 2 copies per order).
Double Lenticular Full Slip: 2 x 3D Lenticular, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing. 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000. (Limited to 2 copies per order).
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker.

DRV_FS_PACKSHOT_2000x.jpgDRV_LS_PACKSHOT_2000x.jpgDRV_DLS_PACKSHOT_2000x.jpgDRV_overall_box_5000x.jpg
135172765_223627392633323_7272614196534738734_o.jpg

Last edited:
So how many brits are going to stop collecting premiums since this 20% extra VAT boll0cks came into place?

I genuinely thought this extra 20% was only from European counties to the U.K. didn’t realise it affected everywhere to the U.K.

I might as well just delete my HDN account now!

If you voted brexit, don’t ever f**king talk to me again

So how many brits are going to stop collecting premiums since this 20% extra VAT boll0cks came into place?

I genuinely thought this extra 20% was only from European counties to the U.K. didn’t realise it affected everywhere to the U.K.

I might as well just delete my HDN account now!

If you voted brexit, don’t ever f**king talk to me again
Wait, what? My bad if I've slept on this, but I thought EU to UK purchases were the same as they've always been since the free trade agreement was reached?

Also, haven't we always been subject to 20% vat customs duty on imports from outside the EU if marked over £15? So is there anything new there if parcels are marked lower value like most premiums are?

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and djjez83
Wait, what? My bad if I've slept on this, but I thought EU to UK purchases were the same as they've always been since the free trade agreement was reached?

Also, haven't we always been subject to 20% vat customs duty on imports from outside the EU if marked over £15? So is there anything new there if parcels are marked lower value like most premiums are?

I think your right

I think your right
Hope I am, as it could get pricey otherwise. I think the EU is safe, thats what I got from the trade deal announcement anyway. Amazon EU aren't adding tax to orders to the UK, which judging by the US order's they probably would.

Ebay has little notes on some (but not all) listings from the US and Asia etc.. I've seen recently saying "plus 20% vat", so that might be true for outside EU orders. Unclear if that's applicable to items under £15.. even if it is then that's all of a £3 charge.

Hope I am, as it could get pricey otherwise. I think the EU is safe, thats what I got from the trade deal announcement anyway. Amazon EU aren't adding tax to orders to the UK, which judging by the US order's they probably would.

Ebay has little notes on some (but not all) listings from the US and Asia etc.. I've seen recently saying "plus 20% vat", so that might be true for outside EU orders. Unclear if that's applicable to items under £15.. even if it is then that's all of a £3 charge.

I thought the same thing but reading the Government guidelines, it seems that all imports will now be subject to VAT. Low Value Consignment Relief has been completely abolished, so marking down the value of a package will no longer allow you to avoid VAT and fees. More info here:

• Friendly
I thought the same thing but reading the Government guidelines, it seems that all imports will now be subject to VAT. Low Value Consignment Relief has been completely abolished, so marking down the value of a package will no longer allow you to avoid VAT and fees. More info here:

That rule is abolished, yes. Meaning we'll have to pay £3 upfront on £15 orders now, whereas they were previously tax free. It doesn't seem to be as cut and dry as "you will be charged vat on all overseas packages" to me though..

If you read through the page it details where this is applicable. It also states that the vat is to be charged by the retailer to the customer at the point of sale and will not be collected at the point of import as it is now.

So really, if we aren't charged for it upfront, there shouldn't be a way for it to be charged at delivery. Partial upside being if it's done this way it'll only ever be a max of 20% of item value and not the current customs rate (usually 21-23%) plus the £9 Royal mail handling charge.

Possible there's little to stop someone like manta just collecting 20% of $15 as a tax fee, as this is what they've declared their package value as to customs. Have to wait and see on that one..

Otherwise, for sellers that don't typically customs dodge, this will result in a few % less in duty paid and no processing fee to due royal mail from the consumer.

Private sales, gifts and B2B sales over £135 all seem to be exempt from this with existing rules applicable. Exact wording below;

"Online marketplaces (OMPs), where they are involved in facilitating the sale, will be responsible for collecting and accounting for the VAT.

For goods sent from overseas and sold directly to UK consumers without OMP involvement, the overseas seller will be required to register and account for the VAT to HMRC.

Business to business sales not exceeding £135 in value will also be subject to the new rules. However, where the business customer is VAT registered in the UK and provides its valid VAT registration number to the seller, the VAT will be accounted for by the customer by means of a reverse charge.

The changes will not apply to consignments of goods containing excise goods or to non- commercial transactions between private individuals. Existing rules will continue to apply for these transactions."

That page was also last updated 3rd Dec, whereas the EU trade agreements were made 3 weeks afterwards. So im fairly positive there are no changes to EU to UK purchases.

Last edited:
It’s only going to be BD. 4K is just rumored at this point.

Given the fact Panorama is involved in this project, it's likely going to be a Blu-ray only release. Just like "La La Land" and "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood" before, when they were the supplier. That would also mean a Region A locked disc. Not that big a deal with a movie like "Drive", I reckon.