Drive (Possible Blu-ray SteelBook) - Mondo artwork

Are you interested in a Mondo Themed Drive Steelbook?

• Yes

Votes: 556 90.0%
  • No

Votes: 62 10.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Hey guys! I've been asked to gauge the response of our membership here and your feedback will help determine if this steelbook and potentially other steelbooks like it become a reality! I hope you are as excited as I am about this opportunity to weigh in on the beginnings of the steelbook process.

If you're not familiar with Mondo, and what they do, here's a small overview...

Mondo creates limited edition screen printed posters for our favorite classic and contemporary films, in addition to vinyl movie soundtracks, VHS re-issues, and apparel. We also have a permanent gallery space in Austin, TX featuring a mix of original artwork and limited edition screen prints.

See more of what they do at http://www.mondotees.com

Here's the art that has the best chance of being approved! DRIVE.

What could set this steelbook apart?

1) As we already said, Mondo artwork
2) For part of the finish, a number of layers of paint can be applied to the steelbook. Whites appear whiter, and color contrasts should appear starker when seen in person.
3) HIGH GLOSS
4) No debossing or embossing as it would detract from the new "layered" effect
5) WEA artwork
6) Potential minimum print run of 4,000 units

Where would this steelbook be released? I can't say right now, but let us know your feedback. If you have other design ideas, let us know, and maybe they will be included in the final product!

:naughty:

DISCLAIMER: Member's rendition of possible artwork courtesy of axldelarge:
HDN_DriveMondo.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 395
Last edited by a moderator:
Count me in! I'd purchase this for sure if it got a release. The artwork looks better than the HMV version imo as well. Lets make this happen!!

It was a decent movie, so maybe. The artwork looks very nice though, so it would be great to see more artistic steels like this.

A biy fat yes from me! I would love to see this film done right by steel, the hmv one is just the best of a bad bunch and is over rated in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.