Drop Dead Fred

Would you buy a Drop Dead Fred steelbook?

• YES!!!! Let's flick some SNOT!

Votes: 26 68.4%
  • Maybe....depends on the Artwork.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO!!!! GO AWAY!

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • Who the hell is Rik Mayall?

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters

8bitheart

Premium Supporter
Mar 3, 2014
Basingstoke
Yesterday, 9th June 2014, Rik Mayall sadly passed away. He was just 56 years old.

Last night, I sat and watched 'Drop Dead Fred' - even after all these years, it still makes me laugh - and it would be fantastic to immortalise one of Rik's most famous characters in steelbook form.

Let's make it happen!

q3DRJtgPuwoRGq3iq0QLNfSXLMg.jpg

Trailer

Last edited by a moderator:
Love Rik Mayall, but this film really doesn't need the steel treatment. It would be pretty low to cash in on his death like that if you ask me

Love Rik Mayall, but this film really doesn't need the steel treatment. It would be pretty low to cash in on his death like that if you ask me

I wouldn't see it is a cash-in. More a tribute. Like, in honour of Rik Mayall we present to you one of his finest moments on film in premium packaging.

What would be cool is if the studio who release it donate a chunk of the sales to a charity of Rik's family's choosing. Then it wouldn't be a cash-in.

Any film that has the lovely Phoebe Cates, and Rik Mayall in full on OTT mode has to be a must buy - but especially with this artwork - it's great.

God rest him: Rik Mayall (along with Ade, Alexei Sayle, etc. brought much needed cheer to millions of downtrodden Brits in the dark days of Thatcher's reign of terror; and for that (if nothing else) he will be long and fondly remembered.

Reactions: 8bitheart
I wouldn't see it is a cash-in. More a tribute. Like, in honour of Rik Mayall we present to you one of his finest moments on film in premium packaging.

What would be cool is if the studio who release it donate a chunk of the sales to a charity of Rik's family's choosing. Then it wouldn't be a cash-in.

To proactively go out and create a special edition of any sort at this time would be cashing in, no matter how you cut it up.

I agree that it would be cool if the studio / retailer donated all profits to a charity which Rik was involved with. Not going to happen though.

Not trying to derail this thread btw, just putting my thoughts forward. I wouldn't be interested in this steel even outside of the recent unfortunate events.

To proactively go out and create a special edition of any sort at this time would be cashing in, no matter how you cut it up.

I agree that it would be cool if the studio / retailer donated all profits to a charity which Rik was involved with. Not going to happen though.

Not trying to derail this thread btw, just putting my thoughts forward. I wouldn't be interested in this steel even outside of the recent unfortunate events.

I totally agree with you. But lets face it, if a steelbook like this WAS to happen.. it's not going to happen overnight. Wait another 2 years and we'll reach the 25th Anniversary of it's release - a perfect time to produce a special edition - to not only celebrate the movie, but to reflect and remember that Rik Mayall was a force of comedy nature - not everyone agreed with him, or liked him, but he influenced a lot of comedians with his brand of alternative humour back in the 80's - and this will always be one of his iconic roles and I think it deserves some sort of special treatment.

Reactions: vurt and zoneism
Would be an ideal opportunity to finally release this film on Blu-Ray in the UK (so far unreleased on Blu-Ray format in UK), along with Guest House Paradiso (also unreleased on Blu-Ray in the UK)

Reactions: 8bitheart