dan8885

Premium Supporter
Feb 23, 2014
CGN|GER
Release: April 24, 2017
Purchase: Amazon UK
Price: £19.99

Ohne Titel.png

Can't say I know this one, but then I don't know much at all when it comes to martial arts films... I still haven't even checked out Bruce Lee's work yet. :bag:

DUAL FORMAT SPECIAL EDITION FEATURES:

– Definitive transfer from 4K digital restoration
– The original complete Cantonese soundtrack, rarely heard on home video
– Alternate Cantonese, English and Mandarin audio options
– Newly translated English subtitles
– Audio commentary by Hong Kong film experts Ric Meyers and Jeff Yang
– New video interview with director Yuen Woo-ping
– Video interview with Jackie Chan
– New video interview with film scholar Tony Rayns
– New video appreciation by director Gareth Evans (The Raid film series)
– Deleted scene
– Original trailer
– PLUS: A booklet featuring new writing and archival imagery

@cooey @Noodles @PunkNinja @Lollard2002 @Drunkenmaster

there are so many sub-par badly dubbed or subbed variants out there, i've been waiting for a restored and/or close to definitive version for years. but if this is coming from Eureka!, that's a no-brainer. don't even care it's not a steel. ordered! yikes, turning out to be an expensive April/evening.

fyi, it's also now available to buy and included in HMV's current 2 for £25 promotion - see here.

Jackie at his best - accept no imitations. :giggle:
giphy.gif

happy days. :) have now received this and it's a good package. :thumbs: fyi @dan8885 @Lollard2002 @PunkNinja @elle82

the amaray is good enough, the artwork's nice inside and i like the Asian-style poster cover:
the booklet is the usual Eureka! standards - i do like a booklet with, you know, actual words and articles in it, as opposed to just photos - and there's some unusual graphic drawings of the 8 drunken gods. the booklet also has some good details on the trouble they had getting the film made:
the big news is the transfer. i've taken some shots below, but i must include apologies, cos i can tell you the print looks much better than these shots. i've genuinely never seen this film looking better:

in my opinion, a must-have if you like the film. :thumbs: @Noodles, get buying!
giphy.gif