Duel (1971) (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Japanese Artwork Series #2) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

Miffed

Ginger Ninja
Premium Supporter
Jun 5, 2013
Guildford, England
Release date: October 5, 2020
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £14.99
Note: Limited to 1200 copies.
Showcasing original Japanese theatrical artwork, this essential collection perfectly blends the exuberant style of the Far East with the iconic art of Hollywood. Each release comes with a replica ‘chirashi’ mini-poster as would have been used to promote the film in Japanese cinemas, alongside the original English Language disc content.

9cd8d796-bafe-4f67-b094-befecf301e60.jpg

25f953d7-1792-4995-a3fa-d54ca20cbe5b.png
746be3ff-bd48-463e-a0a8-7afb19f4f366.png
da4a942e-64f8-45f8-aec9-71313c476d2e.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have it on blu-ray and I like the rear and inside so I've ordered. Not sure about the cover though and the Japanese writing but understand that's the whole point of them.

Back and inside art okay but what's going on with the front??
i really dislike the front cover artwork, as it's a stil from virtually the final shots of the film, cunningly obscured by covering it in bright pink. spoiler much? :meh:

Duel is a fantastic film; lean, edgy, driven. it deserves a better release than this, although i applaud the alternate artworks approach. i think it was Spielberg's first film, a TV movie, shortly after he directed an episode of "Columbo." @Noodles, you should like it. :thumbs:

i really dislike the front cover artwork, as it's a stil from virtually the final shots of the film, cunningly obscured by covering it in bright pink. spoiler much? :meh:

Duel is a fantastic film; lean, edgy, driven. it deserves a better release than this, although i applaud the alternate artworks approach. i think it was Spielberg's first film, a TV movie, shortly after he directed an episode of "Columbo." @Noodles, you should like it. :thumbs:
Sugarland Express is I think Spielberg's first movie

• Thanks
Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
I always loved this film. Don't think it ever got the real credit it deserved.

Its a masterpiece in building tension. Very little dialogue throughout the whole film apart from the main character talking to himself!

It revealed Spielberg as a real story teller through basically just camerawork.

Looks great on Blu Ray too.

Its a masterpiece in building tension. Very little dialogue throughout the whole film apart from the main character talking to himself!

Recently watched 'The colour Purple' which reminded me how great he was in his early directorial days, not that I had forgotten but his work was fantastic from the beginning

Reactions: BluSteel2012

Agree with all of that
But
Front art is AWFUL

Yeah even this early on you could tell Spielberg was an outstanding film maker the way he draws you in with only a simple scenario.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Number 3 anyone? Keeping with the Spielberg theme (plus the Japanese title of this film is very popular on t shirts/ key rings etc)

F9EA7614-18FC-4032-8329-77D4A54BDAC6.jpeg

C6D69ED0-62F6-4D82-B3A0-58918CCCDEEB.jpeg

Reactions: DMD4k