Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: March 28, 2024
Purchase links: Amazon DE - Plaion Pictures - JPC
Price: €89.99
Notes: 6 Discs 1 UHD and 5 Blu-rays - Extended TV Version on Blu-ray - Extended Alternative Version - Spicediver Cut (1080p) on Blu-ray

91hr1EnAMpL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good but I am happy with the Arrow LE. Looks really nice next to The Conan Chronicles. To bad the they never could include the other cuts though..

Reactions: astycorax
So the 4K disc of this version does NOT have English Subs, is that right? Does the blu ray version (of the theatrical cut) have them though at least?

Disc 6:

Extended Alternative Version - Spicediver Cut
  • Film length: approx. 179 minutes
  • Image format: 2.35:1 (720p)
  • Language: English
  • Sound formats: DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0
  • Subtitles: German, English
Just had to register and point out that this is incorrect.:spoil: The Plaion Pictures specs for this reissue accidentally repeated the old box set details (which was a 720p upscale of the standard def version).

This reissue actually contains the 1080p HD version of the Spicediver Cut which I completed in 2022. It's correctly listed on the back of the box.

Hope you enjoy :)

Just had to register and point out that this is incorrect.:spoil: The Plaion Pictures specs for this reissue accidentally repeated the old box set details (which was a 720p upscale of the standard def version).

This reissue actually contains the 1080p HD version of the Spicediver Cut which I completed in 2022. It's correctly listed on the back of the box.

Hope you enjoy :)
LOL I just realized this last evening… I thought my player might have an error with displaying the resolution. And that Plaion printed an faulty info on the back, which actually states 1080p for the alternate cut :LOL:

Awesome to have your confirmation here for an actual remaster in 1080p!

Did not know that the creator of THE cut is registered here :wow: How did you find this thread? :wow:

Could you elaborate on the 1080p creation process? What source did you use? I would LOOOOVE to hear some insights of THE Spicediver himself :oohyeah:

So awesome to have you hear! :) :thumbs:

Last edited:
Reactions: Billy Talent
LOL I just realized this last evening… I thought my player might have an error with displaying the resolution. And that Plaion printed an faulty info on the back, which actually states 1080p for the alternate cut :LOL:

Awesome to have your confirmation here for an actual remaster in 1080p!

Did not know that the creator of the cut is registered here :wow:

Could you elaborate on the 1080p creation process? What source did you use? Would LOOOOVE to hear some insights of THE Spicediver himself :oohyeah:
Yeah I registered just to comment on that actually, because that incorrect detail is starting to spawn and multiply.

My video sources for the 1080p edition were the Koch box set released a couple of years ago.

If you'd like to know more about the project try the IFDB project page: Dune (1984) The Alternative Edition Redux | Special 1080p Edition - Fanedit.org

Yeah I registered just to comment on that actually, because that incorrect detail is starting to spawn and multiply.

My video sources for the 1080p edition were the Koch box set released a couple of years ago.

If you'd like to know more about the project try the IFDB project page: Dune (1984) The Alternative Edition Redux | Special 1080p Edition - Fanedit.org
Awesome, and thanks for the link!

What source did you use that was on the old 2021 Koch boxset? That cut was in 720p, wasn’t it?

And a additional question, how did it came that your fancut ended up on an official, commercial release of the movie? :)

Awesome, and thanks for the link!

What source did you use that was on the old 2021 Koch boxset? That cut was in 720p, wasn’t it?

And a additional question, how did it came that your fancut ended up on an official, commercial release of the movie? :)
My cut on the first Koch Ultimate Edition box set was a 720p upscale of the standard definition 480p edition. That was done because the Blu-ray spec does not allow for 480p, only 480i, so the source was upscaled to keep the progressive frames intact.

Re. the backstory about the release, go here: Spicdiver's Dune fanedit released again in Dune Ultimate Edition box set reissue

Last edited:
My cut on the first Koch Ultimate Edition box set was a 720p upscale of the standard definition 480p edition. That was done because the Blu-ray spec does not allow for 480p, only 480i, so the source was upscaled to keep the progressive frames intact.

Re. the backstory about the release, go here: Spicdiver's Dune fanedit released again in Dune Ultimate Edition box set reissue
Thanks Spicediver!

I shared your infos also on this German forums:

JPC canceled my preorder saying they ran out of stock. The Plaion Store and Amazon Germany no longer show it available.

This may have been produced in smaller numbers than expected.

JPC canceled my preorder saying they ran out of stock. The Plaion Store and Amazon Germany no longer show it available.

This may have been produced in smaller numbers than expected.
@PolkSDA
Amazon Germany shows as in stock available to order.

What country is you delivery address

Screenshot (447).png

Last edited:
That must have just changed within the last hour. It was unavailable all day yesterday and earlier this morning.

From the blu-ray.com forum:

"Somebody from the German Cinefacts-Forum asked Plaion if it was possible to order just the new Spicedriver-Disc. Plaion answered that the new Ultimate Edition is completley sold out, and even if it weren't they are not allowed to sell the Spicedriver-Disc as a standalone. It's only licenced as part of the Extras for the Ultimate Edition."

That must have just changed within the last hour. It was unavailable all day yesterday and earlier this morning.
It was showing as in stock yesterday as I was checking amazon website on thursday afternoon and friday morning to see if available and added to my basket and then moved it to save for later.