Dune (1984) (4K+2D Blu-ray Ultimate Edition) (Koch Films Shop Exclusive) [Germany]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: February 17, 2022
Purchase link: Koch Films
Price: €103.35
Notes: Ultimate Edition - 4K-UHD + 5 Blu-rays + CD soundtrack - exclusively from the Koch Films Shop

DUNE-BeautyshotMORE_Shopabbildung.jpg

DUNE_Render_Alternate.jpg DUNE-Beautyshot1.jpg DUNE-Beautyshot2.jpg DUNE-Beautyshot3.jpg DUNE-Beautyshot4.jpg

Last edited:
Release date moved again - 10th February 2022. I'm guessing a problem with the extended version discs as the medibooks are currently preparing to ship .Different art up though.

DUNE_Render_Alternate.jpg

Reactions: MrSquifler
Japan blu ray extended version included
Amazon product

Content introduction​

The long-awaited first Blu-ray of the science fiction movie "Dune / Sand Planet" directed by the genius David Lynch with super-luxury specifications that fans covet!

[Point]
1 Japan 's first Blu-ray with the latest HD master & 5.1ch audio! !
2 main HD master performs an additional restoration in Japan, further the image quality up realization !!
first time in the double 3 "Friday Roadshow" (the first two and a half hours frame) the TV broadcast dub voice of "Sunday Movie theater" Included !!
4 "Dune / Sand Planet TV Broadcast Long Version" (about 189 minutes) is also included (4: 3 standard) !!
5 Bonus footage (about 45 minutes) such as making and interviews that will be released for the first time in Japan Included !!
◆ Luxury package specifications (planned)
◆ Enclosed benefits: Ryoichi Ikegami, reduced reprint by drawing, 3 theater public leaflets, commentary (color / 16 pages planned)

[Product specifications]
Blu-ray 2 discs (main story) Disc + bonus disc) Recording time (main story): 137 minutes / (privilege): 234 minutes each dual-layer disc / 1080p High Definition / COLOR
screen size: (main story) 16: 9 (scope size) / (privilege) 4: 3 (Standard)
(Main story) Audio: 1 English (DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1ch Surround) 2 English (DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0ch Stereo) 3 Japanese Dubbing 1 (DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0ch Monaural) 4 Japanese Flipping 2 (DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0ch monaural)
Subtitles: 1 Japanese subtitles 2 Dubbing subtitles (privilege) Audio: 1 English / French (DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0ch stereo)
Subtitles: 1 Japanese subtitles
Japanese dubbing 1 will be on Nippon Television's "Friday Road Show" Using the material that was broadcast (1988/6/10) (net 118 minutes).
Japanese dubbing 2 uses materials broadcast (May 27, 1990) on TV Asahi's "Sunday Western Painting Theater" (net 93 minutes).

◆ Recording benefits:
1) "Dune / Sand Planet" TV broadcast long version (about 189 minutes / English)
2) Comparison of the original and the movie by Olivier Dracroix (journalist) (about 17 minutes / French)
3) Making Of Dune / Sand Planet (approx. 7 minutes / English)
4) Interview with director David Lynch (approx. 8 minutes / English)
5) Who is Alan Smithee, director of "Television Long Edition"? (Approximately 10) Minutes / French)
6) Original Theater Trailer (Approximately 3 minutes / English)

Contents (from "Kinema Junpo" database)​

A special edition BOX commemorating the 30th anniversary of the release of science fiction works directed by David Lynch in Japan. Set in the desert planet Arakis, it depicts a fierce battle for power between the universes. In addition to recording the dubbed audio of the TV broadcast version of "Friday Road Show" for the first time, "~ TV broadcast long version" and many bonus videos that will be released for the first time are also recorded.

Contents (from "Oricon" database)​

In commemoration of the 30th anniversary of the release of "Dune Sand Planet" in the Japanese theater, the first Blu-ray version of the HD master! A sci-fi action masterpiece depicting the power struggle on the desert planet and the activities of the young prince. Directed by David Lynch, music by TOTO, starring Kyle MacLachlan, Sting and others.

Japan blu ray extended version included
Amazon product

Content introduction​

The long-awaited first Blu-ray of the science fiction movie "Dune / Sand Planet" directed by the genius David Lynch with super-luxury specifications that fans covet!

[Point]
1 Japan 's first Blu-ray with the latest HD master & 5.1ch audio! !
2 main HD master performs an additional restoration in Japan, further the image quality up realization !!
first time in the double 3 "Friday Roadshow" (the first two and a half hours frame) the TV broadcast dub voice of "Sunday Movie theater" Included !!
4 "Dune / Sand Planet TV Broadcast Long Version" (about 189 minutes) is also included (4: 3 standard) !!
5 Bonus footage (about 45 minutes) such as making and interviews that will be released for the first time in Japan Included !!
◆ Luxury package specifications (planned)
◆ Enclosed benefits: Ryoichi Ikegami, reduced reprint by drawing, 3 theater public leaflets, commentary (color / 16 pages planned)

[Product specifications]
Blu-ray 2 discs (main story) Disc + bonus disc) Recording time (main story): 137 minutes / (privilege): 234 minutes each dual-layer disc / 1080p High Definition / COLOR
screen size: (main story) 16: 9 (scope size) / (privilege) 4: 3 (Standard)
(Main story) Audio: 1 English (DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1ch Surround) 2 English (DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0ch Stereo) 3 Japanese Dubbing 1 (DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0ch Monaural) 4 Japanese Flipping 2 (DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0ch monaural)
Subtitles: 1 Japanese subtitles 2 Dubbing subtitles (privilege) Audio: 1 English / French (DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0ch stereo)
Subtitles: 1 Japanese subtitles
Japanese dubbing 1 will be on Nippon Television's "Friday Road Show" Using the material that was broadcast (1988/6/10) (net 118 minutes).
Japanese dubbing 2 uses materials broadcast (May 27, 1990) on TV Asahi's "Sunday Western Painting Theater" (net 93 minutes).

◆ Recording benefits:
1) "Dune / Sand Planet" TV broadcast long version (about 189 minutes / English)
2) Comparison of the original and the movie by Olivier Dracroix (journalist) (about 17 minutes / French)
3) Making Of Dune / Sand Planet (approx. 7 minutes / English)
4) Interview with director David Lynch (approx. 8 minutes / English)
5) Who is Alan Smithee, director of "Television Long Edition"? (Approximately 10) Minutes / French)
6) Original Theater Trailer (Approximately 3 minutes / English)

Contents (from "Kinema Junpo" database)​

A special edition BOX commemorating the 30th anniversary of the release of science fiction works directed by David Lynch in Japan. Set in the desert planet Arakis, it depicts a fierce battle for power between the universes. In addition to recording the dubbed audio of the TV broadcast version of "Friday Road Show" for the first time, "~ TV broadcast long version" and many bonus videos that will be released for the first time are also recorded.

Contents (from "Oricon" database)​

In commemoration of the 30th anniversary of the release of "Dune Sand Planet" in the Japanese theater, the first Blu-ray version of the HD master! A sci-fi action masterpiece depicting the power struggle on the desert planet and the activities of the young prince. Directed by David Lynch, music by TOTO, starring Kyle MacLachlan, Sting and others.

I would love to buy this version but I'm hesitant to buy anything from Amazon nowadays because of the flimsy packaging that they use. Is there another retailer that sells this and uses sturdier packaging?

I would love to buy this version but I'm hesitant to buy anything from Amazon nowadays because of the flimsy packaging that they use. Is there another retailer that sells this and uses sturdier packaging?
There are several on ebay, if that's worse or better I'll leave up to you, but it was a Japan exclusive as far as I remember so probably not many shops outside of Amazon.

Reactions: confessor94
Release date moved again - 10th February 2022. I'm guessing a problem with the extended version discs as the medibooks are currently preparing to ship .Different art up though.

View attachment 519139
Here's what I read on www.thedigitalbits.com:

"Also, Koch Media in Germany has delayed their Dune: 7-Disc Ultimate Edition 4K/Blu-ray release to 2/10/22 (from its originally-announced 10/14 street date) because of the difficulty in producing the special “noble acrylic glass box” packaging for the release (pictured at right). However, if you were able to pre-order the title before 10/10 (and only European customers were allowed to do so), you should receive it before Christmas. Essentially, the title is being manufactured in two batches, one for pre-orders and one for February 2022. The wide release Koch 4K editions (regular Mediabook packaging and Steelbook) are still shipping now as originally planned."

Where can u get the subtitles for the usb drive? Anywhere to get this edition if you live in the states without paying with a body part?

Whats the difference between these two…seem idenitical?

FYI- Just in case any of you have an Oppo player- Oppos can use extenal subtitles from USB thumb drives.
In relation to the spice diver edit not having subtitles and the oppo being able to work with usb where would you find the subtitles and or what format would oppo need?

Anyone know he idfference between the japan version of the tv extended bluray and he german version?

i wish it didnt cost $250 for the dune ultimate edition for us US peeps

Anyone know he idfference between the japan version of the tv extended bluray and he german version?

i wish it didnt cost $250 for the dune ultimate edition for us US peeps
Known versions:
  • Theatrical cut (2hrs 18 mins)
  • Theatrical cut with 37 extra seconds of graphic footage.
  • Extended TV cut (3 hours)
  • Spicediver fan edit (3 hours)
The German Ultimate Edition features Theatrical, Extended TV cut, and Spicediver Fan Edit Cut.

Last edited:
Ordered my copy yesterday, so thrilled about that packaging. Honestly, I've never even seen the film and I've heard that it sucks but still :rofl:, loved the book and the 2021 version of the first half so I'll give it a shot, the packaging looks incredible and so fitting, and the 3 hour cut included in here gives me hope that it will be a good time.

Reactions: Space Cadet
Ordered my copy yesterday, so thrilled about that packaging. Honestly, I've never even seen the film and I've heard that it sucks but still :rofl:, loved the book and the 2021 version of the first half so I'll give it a shot, the packaging looks incredible and so fitting, and the 3 hour cut included in here gives me hope that it will be a good time.

It does not suck - great interpretation of the books ! Sadly Lynch and studio did not see eye to eye ...

That's awesome to hear!
for example, Lynch's original cut was 3 hours +, and the voiceover narration used in the theatrical release was added by the studio in post. strange that a studio would lose sight of a director's vision on a major sci-fi project and try and explain things to the audience with a voiceover. can't think of any other famous sci-fi films that's happened to... ;)

Harrison Ford Eating GIF

• Haha
Reactions: Lenny Nero and Vega
I received my copy today. Have to say that on first impression i'm a bit disappointed. The edition itself is far bigger than i expected, gonna have to see where i can put it in the shelf...
The box itself opens to the bottom - so when you pick it up, the lid actually slides down if you don't hold it...which is a very odd design choice imo.

The contents of the box are also rather difficult to get out, since there is no ribbon to pull them out you have to try and squeeze the posters and the first pages of the book to do it. The disc digipacks are inside a foam holder and the last contents to get out. The foam holder which is a bit too small for the plexi glass box and slides around inside, which doesn't exactly seem luxurious.

I honestly expected something a bit better thought through, judging from the design on the photos, the color concept and the whole plexi glass thing. And I expected the box to be a kind of "slipcase" with the contents accessible from the side rather the front. Would love to hear other people's opinions if they already got theirs.