Dune (2021) (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (FilmArena Collection) [Czech Republic]

Agree. I don't even think they make TV's with 3D option anymore.. maybe in Europe it's still a thing. Best Buy doesn't even sell 3D movies anymore.
I have a 3D capable player, and a few dozen 3D BDs that happened to be included in editions I was buying anyway, but no 3D TV. I'd buy one if it was available, but they don't seem to be made anymore.

who the hell has 3d equipment anymore really. Its time passed and 4k or still just 2d 1080p still is king.
There is a lot of existing and new 4K projectors that has 3D playback ability
Yes 3D playback on 4K or 1080p projectors and Tv's is still 1080p but still looks great if you have decent projector
Most 4K UHD Blu-ray players still have 3D playback ability

There has been a big increase of consumers purchasing 1080p and 4K UHD projectors in past 2 years and a lot has 3D playback ability
You can get some decent 4K projectors now that cost same as 4k TV's and some that even cost less

I personally not bothered about 3D even though I have the abilty to playback content in 3D on my existing projector and Panasonic 3D Plasma TV
I have a lot films on 3D Blu-ray in my collection but rarely use the the 3D ability but there are some people who still love watching in 3D
There is a LG 4K TV in my home as well but that cant play 3D

I will be upgrading my existing Sony 1080p projector to a 4K Laser projector in next few months and that has 3D playback ability
Watching films or sport on a 80 inch or 100 inch or 120 inch screen or higher in your home is easy to achieve and looks great
You can use projectors on a wall or a dedicated screen

You don't need to spend £20,000 on a projector
There are some good 4K projectors that cost £1,500 - £2,500 and new 4K projectors are been released every few months

Players today still all support 3D, I don’t recall any brand has ever stopped; it’s in the spec.

Plus with stuff like VR (the new PlayStation VR looks fantastic!) it can persist beyond TVs. And it’ll be good to have kept it going once whatever new display tech that can take advantage of it comes along.

Reactions: a_o
Most of the folks here don’t even open these special editions so 3D discs not being included is of little concern tbh

For me I ordered the French SteelBook to get all three discs with matching (and ratings-logo free) disc art, and will gladly mod a more premium SteelBook to swap them all into and use
This.

I tried watching a 3D movie years ago in theatres but hated it

I’d like to give it a try on someone’s high end projector though. Just knowing it’s becoming rare made me want to buy the foreign steel w all 3 discs just because. And I don’t even have any 3D equipment lol. My ub820 might be able to but my oled can’t

Where is @DMD4k these days?

Sitting somewhere with his tinfoil hat :naughty:

evil smile GIF