Dune (2021) (4K+3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (FNAC Exclusive) [France]

• Hello and happy early holidays from HiDefNinja! It's been a challenging couple of years for everyone and this site included. Please remember during November and December to click links on this site before purchasing from Amazon or other retailers like Zavvi. Every little bit helps and thank you so much for the dedicated support you show us by visiting!
Added to Calendar: 01-19-22

Dec 13, 2018
Release date: January 26, 2022
Purchase link: FNAC
Price: €89.99
Note: Includes a booklet + lithograph + OST CD

Dune-Coffret-Edition-Speciale-Fnac-Steelbook-Blu-ray-4K-Ultra-HD.jpg

Dune-Coffret-Edition-Speciale-Fnac-Steelbook-Blu-ray-4K-Ultra-HD-2.jpg
Dune-Coffret-Edition-Speciale-Fnac-Steelbook-Blu-ray-4K-Ultra-HD-3.jpg
Dune-Coffret-Edition-Speciale-Fnac-Steelbook-Blu-ray-4K-Ultra-HD-4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 20, 2016
Canada
Yes i have heard it as mixed reviews I do love Sci-Fi but hollywood is shite lately nothing original

Same thing happened with BR2049, right?

I guess he's a sci-fi mixed-review-movie-making guy.

But then, don't most sci-fi sequels, pre-quels and reboot films now get mixed or negative reviews?

Br2049, Every Alien movie after Aliens, every Predator movie after the first Predator, every Star Wars movie after Return of the Jedi and now Dune.

Sep 2, 2021
I wouldn't call the reviews of BR2049 and Dune mixed. Both films have about 90% on RT and 4.1/5 on letterboxd. That's far above average. Every movie has at least some okay-ish or bad reviews, that's normal. But Dune is obviously considered generally favourable.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2020
Spain
and yet force awakens was really bad. :LOL:
Not coming into the discussion of "good" or "bad" but time will position those films in the right place... We might get a surprise in some years from now.

Who might think when Flash Gordon was realized that it might become a cult movie (again not saying that it is a good movie... but yes a cult movie, independently of my opinion)? Maybe Flash Gordon next ToC? :shipped:

Aug 19, 2021
€ 89,99, yikes.
I don't like the Tenet-style steel, I hate Hans Zimmer and I don't do pocket books - so this one's definitely not for me.

Lenny Nero

Cossack
Premium Supporter
Sooo, you gotta have this horizontal type of packaging, to fit all the characters properly. Remember there were 'horizontal' steelbooks, probably should have done 1 of the 3 WWAs like that.

€ 89,99, yikes.
I don't like the Tenet-style steel, I hate Hans Zimmer and I don't do pocket books - so this one's definitely not for me.

Have you heard the music to Interstellar, especially during docking after 'The Martian' crash? Or Dune Sketchbook?
My favorite is the one theme he plagiarized from himself, and redone at least 3 times, featured in Crimson Tide, The Rock, The Peacemaker, and what finally became the Pirates of the Caribbean theme.

Reactions: CollectorEmtee
Aug 19, 2021
There are load of great movie soundtrack composers.
Like I wrote, the good composers out there hardly ever get a chance to score the big projects anymore. It's all Zimmer, Balfe and all the other clones who define the mainstream cinema sound these days.
Now even James Bond. Why the F?! And a great composer like David Arnold, who wrote amazing Bond scores, is condemned to score television, probably for the rest of his career. Such a shame.
It's painful to think what an actually great composer could have done with a film like Dune...

Aug 19, 2021
Have you heard the music to Interstellar, especially during docking after 'The Martian' crash? Or Dune Sketchbook?
My favorite is the one theme he plagiarized from himself, and redone at least 3 times, featured in Crimson Tide, The Rock, The Peacemaker, and what finally became the Pirates of the Caribbean theme.
Even Zimmer's music can be effective, no doubt. I like The Thin Red Line, for example, that was perfect for that film (which is one of my favorites). Scores like Interstellar are servicable - but so utterly simplistic.
And don't get me started on that whole "Pirates" business, thanks for making my point for me. That is a perfect example of this "one size fits all McMusic" approach. I still wish Alan Silvestri had scored that first Pirates movie as originally planned - he would have knocked it out of the park. But nooo... Thanks, Bruckheimer.

Reactions: Lenny Nero