paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: September 14, 2021
Purchase links: DiabolikDVD - Grindhouse Video - Zavvi USA
Price: $46.99 (DiabolikDVD- Zavvi) - $47.99 (Grindhouse Video)
Notes: Zavvi USA price will be lot higher if shipping location is set to outside USA

193130785_4384460344921259_6147333509397714996_n.jpg

Last edited:
4K DUAL FORMAT DELUXE STEELBOOK EDITION CONTENTS

– Brand new 4K restoration from the original camera negative

– 60-page perfect-bound book featuring new writing on the film by Andrew Nette, Christian McCrea and Charlie Brigden, an American Cinematographer interview with sound designer Alan Splet from 1984, excerpts from an interview with the director from Chris Rodley’s book Lynch on Lynch and a Dune Terminology glossary from the original release

– 100-page perfect-bound book featuring original pre-production concepts and designs by Anthony Masters and Ron Miller, and an interview with Masters from the film’s press kit

– Large fold-out double-sided poster featuring original theatrical poster artwork

– Six double-sided, postcard-sized lobby card reproductions

– Limited edition SteelBook housed in Deluxe rigid packaging, both with original theatrical artwork

DISCS ONE & TWO – FEATURE & EXTRAS (BLU-RAY + 4K ULTRA HD BLU-RAY)

– 4K (2160p) UHD Blu-ray™ presentation in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible) and High Definition (1080p) Blu-ray presentation

– Original uncompressed stereo audio and DTS-HD MA 5.1 surround audio

– Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing

– Brand new audio commentary by film historian Paul M. Sammon

– Brand new audio commentary by Mike White of The Projection Booth podcast

– Impressions of Dune, a 2003 documentary on the making of the film, featuring interviews with star Kyle MacLachlan, producer Raffaella de Laurentiis, cinematographer Freddie Francis, editor Antony Gibbs and many others

– Designing Dune, a 2005 featurette looking back at the work of production designer Anthony Masters

– Dune FX, a 2005 featurette exploring the special effects in the film

– Dune Models & Miniatures, a 2005 featurette focusing on the model effects in the film

– Dune Costumes, a 2005 featurette looking at the elaborate costume designs seen in the film

– Eleven deleted scenes from the film, with a 2005 introduction by Raffaella de Laurentiis

– Destination Dune, a 1983 featurette originally produced to promote the film at conventions and publicity events

– Theatrical trailers and TV spots

– Extensive image galleries, including hundreds of still photos

DISC THREE – BONUS DISC (BLU-RAY)

– Beyond Imagination: Merchandising Dune, a brand new featurette exploring the merchandise created to promote the film, featuring toy collector/producer Brian Sillman (The Toys That Made Us)

– Prophecy Fulfilled: Scoring Dune, a brand new featurette on the film’s music score, featuring interviews with Toto guitarist Steve Lukather, Toto keyboardist Steve Porcaro, and film music historian Tim Greiving

– Brand new interview with make-up effects artist Giannetto de Rossi, filmed in 2020

– Archive interview with production coordinator Golda Offenheim, filmed in 2003

– Archive interview with star Paul Smith, filmed in 2008

– Archive interview with make-up effects artist Christopher Tucker

*** EXTRAS STILL IN PRODUCTION AND SUBJECT TO CHANGE ***”

Wow. Diabolik is at $46.99 for Deluxe edition when Zavvi is at $63.83 (converted from £)
thanks for posting this Paul! :thumbs:
If you use Zavvi US they charge the same price $46.99.
I noticed they can charge completely different prices from Zavvi UK vs Zavvi US sometimes. That's Zavvi :greedy:

• Helpful Post
Reactions: C.C. 95
Its not, it legit is discounted somehow. Something seems wrong with Zavvi system

View attachment 507260

Arrow USA releases on Zavvi USA are now separate to UK listings if Arrow have a release for USA market
If you want the USA release you need to use Zavvi USA website or Amazon USA or DiabolikDVD or Grindhouse Video
That won't have BBFC logos

There are Arrow Video USA only releases for example on Zavvi USA you won't find on Zavvi UK

Arrow USA releases are more expensive on Zavvi USA compared to UK it's not a mistake

If you want UK release you need to use Zavvi UK or the other Zavvi international websites these will have BBFC logos

Zavvi USA website
Screenshot (273).png

Last edited:
Paul

The screenshot from my post is the Zavvi US site. Its the exact link YOU posted. There are no listings that are $98.99.

Screen Shot 2021-05-29 at 11.14.43 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-05-29 at 11.17.00 AM.jpg

I purchased my copy directly from Zavvi U.S. it's only $46.99 @howarmat is right. Normally you are correct @paulboland I think your on Zavvi UK still.
The link I posted is Zavvi USA website listing
I'm not on Zavvi UK that is a different website and a different product listing

Zavvi USA is now a separate website from Zavvi UK if you not aware (Which why you now see for example other Arrow USA only releases you won't see on Zavvi UK etc) Example Django is on Zavvi USA but not on Zavvi UK etc etc

The price though on Zavvi USA website increases to $98.99 if you set shipping location outside USA

Note
Zavvi USA is selling the USA release
No BBFC logo will be on the Jcard

If you use Zavvi UK or any of the other Zavvi International websites even if you set delivery address to USA you are purchasing the UK release

@howarmat
The price changes to $98.99 if shipping location is set to outside USA
This also happens on other USA only releases cheaper only if shipping location is set to USA

Zavvi USA website is now a separate website from Zavvi UK/DE etc etc
If you not noticed already there is a few USA only releases now on Zavvi USA website that are not listed on Zavvi UK etc

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaxxx
The link I posted is Zavvi USA website listing
I'm not on Zavvi UK that is a different website and a different product listing

Zavvi USA is now a separate website from Zavvi UK if you not aware (Which why you now see for example other Arrow USA only releases you won't see on Zavvi UK etc) Example Django is on Zavvi USA but not on Zavvi UK etc etc

The price though on Zavvi USA website increases to $98.99 if you set shipping location outside USA

Note
Zavvi USA is selling the USA release
No BBFC logo will be on the Jcard

If you use Zavvi UK or any of the other Zavvi International websites even if you set delivery address to USA you are purchasing the UK release

@howarmat
The price changes to $98.99 if shipping location is set to outside USA
This also happens on other USA only releases cheaper only if shipping location is set to USA

Zavvi USA website is now a separate website from Zavvi UK/DE etc etc
If you not noticed already there is a few USA only releases now on Zavvi USA website that are not listed on Zavvi UK etc
Thanks for the info about the difference in purchasing the same title from Zavvi UK and Zavvi US @paulboland I don't feel very smart for not taking that into consideration. I have a Region Free player but it still matters.
I was certainly aware that Zavvi UK got a number of steelbook releases that are not on Zavvi US such as Logan 4K (Lenti) and True Romance. I should have realized Zavvi US might have titles Zavvi UK doesn't I guess I have yet to see one I want.

I remember you had a trick to purchase Red Carpet titles after they are preorders and available for regular sale, could you explain that again? I can't recall what thread that was in? I want the Snatch Slipcase Edition to cover that awful steelbook art.

Thanks for the info about the difference in purchasing the same title from Zavvi UK and Zavvi US @paulboland I don't feel very smart for not taking that into consideration. I have a Region Free player but it still matters.
I was certainly aware that Zavvi UK got a number of steelbook releases that are not on Zavvi US such as Logan 4K (Lenti) and True Romance. I should have realized Zavvi US might have titles Zavvi UK doesn't I guess I have yet to see one I want.

I remember you had a trick to purchase Red Carpet titles after they are preorders and available for regular sale, could you explain that again? I can't recall what thread that was in? I want the Snatch Slipcase Edition to cover that awful steelbook art.
Dune Blu-ray disc release will be Region A/B as it been released same time in USA/UK and 4K UHD discs will be region free
The only difference will be the UK discs will have BBFC age rating logo
USA discs won't have BBFC age rating logo's

To purchase red carpet exclusive items you need to wait until release date or after for the trick to work and item be not sold out

The trick is to browse Zavvi website for the item you want to purchase
Goto Zavvi UK website
Steelbooks sort by newest arrivals
When you see red carpet listing you want to purchase only click quick buy
When you click quick buy it will add item to basket

Dont use purchase links from threads or click on item itself on Zavvi website as that will only bring you to home page

• Helpful Post
Reactions: RomanCH and Jaxxx
Deluxe Edition USA release date is September 7th

UK release is still for now August 30th

UK and USA are separate releases