Dune - In theaters October 22, 2021

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
4.75 star(s) Rating: 4.75/5 8 Votes
Title: Dune

Genre: Science Fiction, Adventure, Drama

Director: Denis Villeneuve

Cast: Timothée Chalamet, Rebecca Ferguson, Dave Bautista, Stellan Skarsgård, Charlotte Rampling, Oscar Isaac, Zendaya, Javier Bardem, Josh Brolin, Jason Momoa, David Dastmalchian, Chang Chen

Release: 2020-11-20

Plot: Set in the year 10,191 amidst a feudal interstellar society in which noble houses are in charge of individual planets, the House Atreides accepts the stewardship of the coveted spice-rich planet Arrakis. As the noble family takes ahold of Arrakis, tensions between houses arise and ignites a battle for control of the planet.

Comparing it to Flash Gordon certainly doesn't give me much hope, as it's honestly one of the worst films I've ever seen, and I've witnessed some trash student films in my time lol.

... but how about Flesh ... :LOL:

243493_front.jpg

I'm pumped to see this but I can't shake the feeling it's going to do poorly at the box office. Hope I am wrong!

I'm pumped to see this but I can't shake the feeling it's going to do poorly at the box office. Hope I am wrong!

Depending on how things go (when we can see movies in theaters again)... It feels like Q4 of 2020 is going to be very crowded. Everything seems to be getting pushed to the end of the year.
It could hurt films like this going up against other titles that were suppose to be Summer Blockbusters.

I enjoyed the David Lynch movie and I'm really looking forward to this.
But 'Dune' is a franchise that I feel will have a limited appeal outside of sci-fi and novel fanbase and the negativity of the Lynch movie will weigh on this remake.

Depending on how things go (when we can see movies in theaters again)... It feels like Q4 of 2020 is going to be very crowded. Everything seems to be getting pushed to the end of the year.
It could hurt films like this going up against other titles that were suppose to be Summer Blockbusters.

I'm assuming this will get bumped to 2020 to make way for something more profitable!

Reactions: vexred