Dune - In theaters October 22, 2021

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
4.75 star(s) Rating: 4.75/5 8 Votes
Title: Dune

Genre: Science Fiction, Adventure, Drama

Director: Denis Villeneuve

Cast: Timothée Chalamet, Rebecca Ferguson, Dave Bautista, Stellan Skarsgård, Charlotte Rampling, Oscar Isaac, Zendaya, Javier Bardem, Josh Brolin, Jason Momoa, David Dastmalchian, Chang Chen

Release: 2020-11-20

Plot: Set in the year 10,191 amidst a feudal interstellar society in which noble houses are in charge of individual planets, the House Atreides accepts the stewardship of the coveted spice-rich planet Arrakis. As the noble family takes ahold of Arrakis, tensions between houses arise and ignites a battle for control of the planet.

So Tomorrow is now Today :)

Does anyone know when it's dropped? OK so it's 7pm MST. Whats MST - Mystery Set Time :naughty:

Answer it's Moscow Time, so 5pm BST here in the UK... best check in just under 2 hours...

Reactions: vexred
@Noodles I know it's blasphemous but Pink Floyd don't do anything for me. I've tried, on paper should like them but just don't lol.

That last shot of the trailer is so epic. I just hope that Covid doesn't F up its release and it makes money, so we can get some sequels.

Reactions: Noodles
I like the look of this. Dune never did anything for me and I can’t stand the lynch version so I wasn’t too bothered about this announcement etc but the cast and Villeneuve always interested me. Certainly has his style with that arrival/ blade runner look.
hopefully it’s decent. That sand worm thing at the end looks savage

Delayed to October 2021. :(
Woah, I expected it to be delayed but not this far. I suspect that the delay isn't solely because of covid. My guess is that the film is not quite finished yet with the extra shoot they did this summer...

Woah, I expected it to be delayed but not this far. I suspect that the delay isn't solely because of covid. My guess is that the film is not quite finished yet with the extra shoot they did this summer...
I think it comes down to finding slots for movies to open and the fact that productions largely shut down for 6+ months (and many are probably still shut down). I also suspect theaters will largely remain empty until Covid is easily treated or there’s a widely available vaccine (which is likely not sooner than next summer or fall). I hope some of these movies happen This year, but my guess is nothing but small flicks will hit theaters. I think the next big one is the Pixar flick and I suspect it‘ll be delayed or <gag> moved to Disney +.

On the plus side, you may have already seen all the movies up for best picture In 2021.