Dunkirk - In theaters July 21st, 2017

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Dunkirk (2017)

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]War[/GENRE], [GENRE]Thriller[/GENRE], [GENRE]History[/GENRE], [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Christopher Nolan[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Kenneth Branagh[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Mark Rylance[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tom Hardy[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Harry Styles[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Cillian Murphy[/ACTOR]

Plot: The story of the Dunkirk evacuation which took place at the beginning of World War II.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
wWUnA2DItzGsA3v2s7vrPvUZir2.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: CollectorEmtee

Sadly I didn't get my tickets for opening night 70mm IMAX near me yet and its totally sold out. Looks like I wont be getting a T-Shirt.

just booked my normal imax shame there isnt a 70mm other than london anyway as luck had it got the off peak price of a crisp £10 note seeing at 2.40pm friday thank god for poets day with my new job :D:D:D

looking foward to this for a while now and after seeing the rt critic reviews where it got 98% overall which is usually unheard of they always moan about something.

all the best
basil :thumbs:

Amazing movie ! Probably one of the best ones I've seen :) The score and photography are amazing, and you're on the egde of your seat the entire time ! It's not historically correct (especially when it comes to the french..), but it's really not a problem when watching the movie. I wasn't expecting this movie to be this great ! You feel like you're there with them the entire time. And I was certainly not expecting Nolan to play with time and space once again, not with a movie like this ^^ But he did it ! Can't wait to go watch it again :)

Amazing movie ! Probably one of the best ones I've seen :) The score and photography are amazing, and you're on the egde of your seat the entire time ! It's not historically correct (especially when it comes to the french..), but it's really not a problem when watching the movie. I wasn't expecting this movie to be this great ! You feel like you're there with them the entire time. And I was certainly not expecting Nolan to play with time and space once again, not with a movie like this ^^ But he did it ! Can't wait to go watch it again :)

could not agree more just got back from imax sat 6 seats away from subwoofer hanging from ceiling shat my pants when first lot of shooting went off good job missus was at work she would have freaked.

will go and see again without a doubt just need some decent steels to be announced now!

@chunk go see this is brilliant:thumbs:

ask the question wonder if we get an answer?
@zavvi are you expecting to do a steelbook for dunkirk at all???
and i say common you know want to;)

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: chunk
could not agree more just got back from imax sat 6 seats away from subwoofer hanging from ceiling shat my pants when first lot of shooting went off good job missus was at work she would have freaked.

will go and see again without a doubt just need some decent steels to be announced now!

@chunk go see this is brilliant:thumbs:

ask the question wonder if we get an answer?
@zavvi are you expecting to do a steelbook for dunkirk at all???
and i say common you know want to;)

Thanks Basil:notworthy::thumbs:
The title is enough to get me interested.. I'll definitely be checking this film out:oohyeah:

"just got back from imax sat 6 seats away from subwoofer hanging from ceiling shat my pants when first lot of shooting went off"
:rofl: you might need to start taking a change of undies to the imax cinema with you in future;)

• Thanks
Reactions: Basil
Just got out of a screening of this. Nolan takes a very unique approach to a war movie that I can't recall seeing before. The cinematography was amazing and the jumpy chronology along with the subject matter left you on the edge of your seat. There wasn't much dialogue but was still carried with great acting. For me this film isn't going to be a re-watchable because the tension won't be there as much on subsequent watches. Nonetheless it is a new take on a classic genre, I would give it an 8.9 of 10

Viewed in IMAX

• Thanks
Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
I know everything about this film is going to be epic but I'm still not sure I can watch Harry styles on the big screen especially a Nolan epic

Obviously I'll watch it but I'm not looking forward to him

• Thanks
Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
What an incredible afternoon I've just had...double feature, war for the planet of the apes followed by dunkirk in imax.

War for the planet of the apes became my film of the year and the perfect end to a great trilogy, then less than 2 hours later dunkirk became my film of the year...everything about this film is incredible, special and mind blowing...my heart was pounding against my chest from beginning to end.

War for the planet of the apes-9.5/10
Dunkirk-10/10

What an incredible afternoon I've just had...double feature, war for the planet of the apes followed by dunkirk in imax.

War for the planet of the apes became my film of the year and the perfect end to a great trilogy, then less than 2 hours later dunkirk became my film of the year...everything about this film is incredible, special and mind blowing...my heart was pounding against my chest from beginning to end.

War for the planet of the apes-9.5/10
Dunkirk-10/10

:thumbs: