E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial - 40th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [USA]

• Hello and happy early holidays from HiDefNinja! Please remember during November and December to click links on this site before purchasing from Amazon or other retailers like Zavvi. Every little bit helps and thank you so much for the dedicated support you show us by visiting!
Added to Calendar: 10-18-22

Stygian

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jul 20, 2016
Canada
Release date: October 18, 2022
Purchase links: Target
Price: $24.99
Notes: Matte finish

GUEST_52c35b4d-2433-4d3a-95a7-995e58e9734e.jpeg

GUEST_078e9209-2ec2-4c5d-b4ed-4b935008d851.jpeg

Last edited:

Stygian

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jul 20, 2016
Canada
All Blu-rays, and all UHD discs have the original theatrical version.
I don't think the altered version is even available on BD, only old DVDs.

Like I said, I'm way behind on that news. I had the DVD, never watched it. I have the anniversary edition Blu-ray from 2012 sealed. Still haven't watched it obviously. I have a steelbook for it still sealed.

Saw it in the theatre a couple times back in '82.

The last time I watched it would have been on a VHS tape back when it was released.

Maybe again some day.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Jun 8, 2020
I know this thread is about the steelbook release, but maybe this new hardcover book is also of interest for the E.T. fans here!

E.T.: the Extra Terrestrial: The Ultimate Visual History (Hardcover Book) by Caseen Gaines.

In case you haven´t seen the new book, I wanted to share my copy with you.
It´s a really nice and heavy edition with glossy hardcover and embossed capital letters E.T. on the front.

The book is out on August 30th.

IMG_6005.jpg

IMG_5998.jpg
IMG_5999.jpg
IMG_6004.jpg

Unboxing video

MM3

Premium Supporter
Jul 8, 2016
I got mine today. Might return it since I bought the deluxe edition from Zavvi. Or I might keep it so I don't have discs with ratings logos, but might be a waste of money.

Too bad it isn't glossy like the Blu-Ray steelbook that Target released a few years ago. I like that one more.

Apr 21, 2019
Wish I’d known about the Target version from a few years ago. That looks better than this. Think I’ll wait and see if there’s a premium. If not, next time i feel the need to watch ET, I’ll just get an AMRAY (possibly used)

Reactions: MM3