Thunder Bay

Release date:
December 11, 2014
Purchase link: Amazon JP (marketplace)
Price: ¥ 3,880
Note: First Press Limited Edition

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree, @earthscope. I was hoping for something REALLY nice. I still like that it has the original title on it. Maybe it'll come with a nice finish. A slipbox with booklet would be amazing, too!
A Slip Box with a booklet would be drool fest time @tridon :ohno: :jawdrop: :drool:

Like you said hopefully they give it a nice finish. :p

Last edited:
Just got my copy today and it almost, well I find it actually looks better than the steelbook(for us who love Slipcover as well as steelbooks), First time I see this type of finish of the slipcover as there is a Metallic shine to the slipcover, it is quite nice. Sorry about the poor quality pictures, on top of the difficulty of taking the pictures due to the reflection of the Metallic slipcover finish they used. Plus the bottom border which would be usually found on a steelbook release but it's only on this Amaray slipcover.
photo.JPG photo-1.JPG photo-2.JPG

It is stunning in real, expensive but worth every penny...didn't open my copy yet but I suspect, and hope, that they put the same custom made disks that they put in their All You Need Is Kill Steelbook.

sorry about poor quality, will start using better camera soon.

Last edited:
I believe that's holofoil finished, it's been used pretty often for Fox/Disney... US releases (Prometheus, The Avengers...)

I have prometheus in regards to the finish you are talking about but this is actually different, on prometheus it's not as reflective, they took it up a notch or two in terms of metallic reflection

Mine's coming still, but the item that it's coming with is currently back-ordered. Gonna be a while yet. :(

that sucks, especially when we are excited to get it, but at least you have a copy secured, it is worth the wait :emb:

This is my 2nd favorite Slipcover Blu-ray after Maleficent KD Media Black and white 2D+3D combo

Reactions: tridon