44,814 1 0
Last edited:

InAFalsetto

Premium Supporter
Dec 24, 2014
UK
Reactions
7,621 0 0
I find this film a bit boring now as an adult. Saw it on TV the other day, it definitely didn't feel the same as it did when I was 10.

What astonishes me is the fact Johnny Depp plays all these weird roles (jack sparrow, demon barber, mad hatter etc) and then plays a flawless gangster / detective in Donnie Brasco.

Might just buy it to throw in the collection though ...

Nov 5, 2012
Newark, Nottinghamshire
Reactions
745 0 0
I read somewhere that it's been given a new 4k restoration, lossless audio and new supplements. That is for the above set that Geek Tragedy showed (which is the U.S release), so whether the new steelbook will get it is anyone's guess.... but fingers crossed.

Dec 9, 2011
Virginia, US
Reactions
4,516 0 0
Yes!!! I was passing on the US slips as they look absolutely terrible. This is beautiful!

Nice but I would have preferred this artwork....

The Photoshop job on that is shockingly bad!

What's new with this 25th anniversary edition? Does it get a new transfer?
Yes, it's a remaster.

steel888

hmmm
Premium Supporter
Jan 30, 2014
yo͞o',nīdid 'stāts
Reactions
5,353 0 0
Will wait to see the back and inside artwork before I decide whether to switch this out with my UK steel.

And already pre-ordered the US Collector's Edition, for the updated disc transfer.

Geek Tragedy

Lenticular Belt
BANNED
Jun 19, 2013
Riverbottom
Reactions
8,613 0 0
Wow, I love that! :woot:

I do like this one too, but I kinda agree with @lolwut... it's looks very Photoshopped. I much prefer the artwork they've gone for. :)
It is Photoshopped to the point it looks almost painted which is why I'm cool with it. I really love the symbolisim with Kim forming a heart Edward's chest with her hands.

The actual steelbook art is not bad but it looks more like an album cover from The Cure to me.

Last edited: